Turbo injectors w/nonturbo IP?

OkieGringo

OkieGringo aka Baja
Reaction score
I have a IP that I had rebuilt a couple of yrs ago and it has less than 3000 miles on it. I have a non-wastegate turbo. What, if any benefit or waste would it be if I used new turbo code "g" injectors. Your wisdom requested? cookoo OkieGringo

aaklingler

Reaction score
I have never seen good info on the differences between injectors and I see no reason for the price difference, that might not be what your asking but I'd just go with non-turbo injectors and turn up the ip.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am going to take my new d code inj. to my pump guy an compare the pressure and spray pattern to a g code inj. so we can find out what the heck is the diff. no one can give me a straight answer and most places sell new ones because of the labor to rebuild them is higher than new. I will try to get pictures

gabbyr100rs

Reaction score
OG,

The fellow at DPS does not recommend his Stage 1 injectors unless you have a turbo--my take, which may be in error, is that without the additional air from the compressor, you get nothing but more smoke out of the additional fuel that would come from "turbo specific" injectors.

I have his Stage One injectors and rebuilt turbo IP on my short list.

Thanks for your prolific assistance!

OkieGringo

OkieGringo aka Baja
Reaction score
I called Diesel Care and Performance Inc
901-380-9290
The guy said that code"G"s do squirt more fuel and have a higher pop pressure which will change timing point. He said they don't have any new "G"s but that they will sell me remanned "G"s for the same price($175 + $14shipping) as new "D"s or whatever non turbo injectors. They are remanned "in house" and tested before being shipped out. I went with the remanned "G"s. I'll let ya'll know how it turns out. OkieGringo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online