Truck died while i was driving it

marblecrusher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welp i finally get everything working and the truck running good, and i go drive it the other day and it dies, all i know ive turned for a good 10 secs at least 5 times and all im gettin is straight air out of the shrader valve thats as far as i got before i ran out of time till today, just put on new injectors return lines, and a new filter, and the tank that im running off of is full. I dont have internet out where i live im at work, any suggestions before i go home and start digging around again lol

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly, I wish that International or Ford or whoever had of never put that Schraeder-valve in the system.

No good ever comes from messing with it.

It is hard to diagnose your situation from a distance; but, I will suggest some of the most likely culprits.

Suspect #1 would be a failed electric tank-selector.

Those things can fail one time and work fine when you go to trouble-shooting, then catch you in an intersection somewhere, right in the way, and fail again.

It is possible that a fuel-line has came loose.

It could be the filter, but it is never that easy.

The pick-up in the tank could be sucking air.

I rule out an air leak bleeding down the lines, as it was running when it died; and, usually, an air intrusion like that will not be noticed so long as the engine is running.

Just start at the injection-pump and work your way back towards and maybe into the tank.

Ford could have spent fifty-cents and put a primer-lever on these systems. ;Really

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, check the fuel shut-off solenoid = the thing in the injection-pump that opens the flow of fuel when KEY=ON and shuts it off when KEY=OFF. ;Sweet

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Another thing to consider is even if the tank is full, if the pick up broke off You'll still get air. To make sure of this You can pull/return fuel from a jug full of diesel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svttim

Members online