Trip from hell is finally over

Brimmstone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First to Hesutton I apologize about not hooking up with you to time the truck. Trip became one nonstop disaster on the first day. Someone knifed tires on my trailer. Called police and gave report. Got out of Beaumont and on the road to discover had the wrong phone charger. No real big problem stopped at a ATT store and got one. Bosses F250 was running good doing about 16.5 MPG on the freeway doing 70 MPH.

Coming up I-65 just south of Munfordville KY alternator light comes on. Limp it to the Advance and have it checked. Bad alternator. Changed it in the parking lot and back on my way. Get into Ohio and Serp belt decides to break. Thankfully have a spare in truck. Got it fixed and finally after being on the road 29 hours hit Youngstown.

Fixed my mom's car and just for giggles fired the Bronco up. Been sitting for two years without running. Pump gas 5 times, hit key. Fires right up. Gotta love a 429. Try to fire up my laptop Monday to post was heading to Louisville but wouldn't need a place to put trailer. Laptop I took fried hard drive. Thankfully trip to Louisville goes off without much trouble. Rolled in at 2am and dropped dead in hotel room. Next morning discover hotel doesn't have computer I can use.

Spent my week in training and busted butt outta there Friday when done for the day. Drove 15 hours nonstop back stopping only for fuel and Red Bulls. Just got done getting hard drive working. What a screwed up trip.

Chevyboy_0

Mr.SunnyDisposition
Reaction score
Brings back memories of our Reno Trip last year.

Glad to hear its all over and you got home safe.

Brimmstone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everytime I go on a trip something decides to make my life hard. I'm about ready to just stay in Beaumont permanently

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US