Tranny temps?

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
Ok this is probably a retarded question but here goes anyways...........

How/why does the torqueshift generate heat with the truck just idleing??

According to the dash guage (read stupid meter) my tranny is at normal operating temp before I pull out of the driveway after about 5 minutes of high idle, and the coolant temp guage hasn't budged from cold.

Just curious

John

swanee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On mine, the idiot light with a stick (stock gauge) moves into operating range with just a few minutes of idling, cookoo but the Isspro is still on the bottom peg at less than a hundred degrees. ;Really The real gauge won't move till I drive some. :hail

strokin

Reaction score
swanee said:
On mine, the idiot light with a stick (stock gauge) moves into operating range with just a few minutes of idling, cookoo but the Isspro is still on the bottom peg at less than a hundred degrees. ;Really The real gauge won't move till I drive some. :hail

That goes to show you they just put those guages there to satisfy the average Joe.

strokin

Reaction score
i have a question for some of you guys who have tranny guages in the 6.0 automatics. where does the sender unit tie into the tranny at? I'm thinkin about getting guages which would be the reason for the fuel pressure question and now this one.