Trailer hitch id

ifrythings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone recognise who makes this hitch or what class it mite be?

I can't find any pictures of the same one online or the ones I do have 4 bolts on each side and mine only has 3, I'm guessing just a basic class 3 hitch. Any help would be appreciated.

You must be registered for see images attach

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks just like mine does, mines a u-haul brand I belive but I think the three bolts on each side is just like a generic thing maybe?

HS108

Diesel Newb
Reaction score
Ya, scrap it get a good one, they are cheap enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shawn MacAnanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah i wouldnt run a hitch that didnt have a label on it for the load rating. Especially if it failed and caused an accident.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

ISPKI

Welding/metallurgical engineer/Metalsmith
Reaction score
Bolted together crossmember, I would suspect no higher than a class 3 at most. I have a class 5 curt that also only has 3 5/8" bolts each side but the whole thing is very heavy welded steel.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like ISPKI I have a Curt class 5 hitch. Amazon had a $20 off coupon and free shipping so it was $170 delivered to my door for a hitch rated for 17,000# trailer weight and 2,450# tounge weight. (Model 15300)

I'm very happy with it. I've hauled quite a few trailers in the past couple weeks while moving and it's been great having the piece of mind knowing I'm not going to rip off an old or homemade hitch with an unknown weight rating.

gnathv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the bolted cross member butt up to the mounting plates or does the cross member protrude through the mounting plates when bolted? The mounting plates look substantial, how thick are they? The actual mount being reinforced like it is might give a clue to manufacturer.

ifrythings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I did manage to scrap the paint off the sticker on the hitch and not destroy it, the sticker says "EAZ-LIFT" on it which I tried googling with no luck.

I did find one post of a guy selling one off of a 70s truck that mostly looked like the one I have and it's a class 3 so I'm pretty sure I have a class 3 hitch.

I think if I'm going to have to drill holes for this hitch I may as well just order a new one and have the piece of mind knowing what hitch I have and the ratings on it too.

Here's a few more pictures I had taken and didn't post, hopefully this mite help someone else in the future.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online