Too big?

killer

Custom User Title
Reaction score
I haven't drove it long enough to get accurate, but the first couple times I checked it dropped from about 18.5 to 16. I don't put on many miles so I'm not too worried about it.

They are MTRs. My brother has a set of 265s on his '96 Dodge half ton. It's a lighter truck, sure, but I don't/won't haul or pull anything with my truck. His have held up, and I expect mine to as well. If I can get 20000 miles out of them, that take me to when I currently plan to get rid of the truck.

killer

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Exhaust temps are through the roof too. From low 500s post-turbo to pushing 800.

killer

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Well, I wonder if part of it isn't that the air filter might be dirty. I haven't had time to take it out and clean it, so it might be packed with dirt. I don't know how much of a difference that would make. Even 500 seems high for post-turbo.

It seems to shift from third to fourth funny too. Like it shifts from third to fourth, and then the torque converter locks, unlocks, and locks again. It never did that before. And the trans slip reading on the Attitude monitor is higher. It never used to slip, even if I held it on the floor. Now I've got to let off for half a second and ease into the throttle.

Does recalibrating the computer for bigger tires have anything to do with shift points? I should go have that done so my speedometer reads right, and I wonder if it would help the transmission any.

holtzer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it might, but i doubt the tires causes this problem...it might have finally made it show up, but certainly didnt cause it. still under warranty??????????? the new autos arent much better than chryslers other autos shoved behind the cummins.

killer

Custom User Title
Reaction score
It's kind of under warranty. I've got it chipped, so it depends on whether the dealer notices, and if they do, if they ignore it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online