Tires, how many miles you getting?

jarhead

comfortably numb
Reaction score
I've been averaging 30,000mi per set. I switched to Bridgestone Revo A/Ts 26,000mi ago. It looks like I might make 40,000 mi out of this set.

NAIL BENDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The set I have on has about 25k, I might make another ten.:mad: I rotate every 5000 miles.

Whit

Reaction score
I had 46k on my OEM Michelins tires and prolly had another 10k on them when I switched over to 19.5's.........I spect to get 100k outa these ones:)

Cheers, Kevin

Last edited:
B

Big K

Used to get 50+ out of the 235/85's on my '90 CTD FB 6x6.

Not doing so well on the p/u's. Only 15k on my current set, but they're looking OK so far. I'd expect about 40k out of them.

One of the bigger problems is internal breakdown before excessive tread wear. D rated tires, whadda ya do? I need a traction tread....... :(

While I'd love to have 19.5's :cool I just can't justify the cost right now. Too many irons in the fire.

russs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BFG Mud Terrains - I've got at least 25K on them and expect 45-50K. Not bad tires...

B

Big K

BFG - yeah, I know...

I'm happy with my Daytons so far. If they hold up well, and I do expect them to, the only reason I'd make the switch to the BFG Mud is 'cause these Daytons are not currently available in 255/85. I'd like to move to that size if I can ever get my leveling/airbag project started:rolleyes:

RAF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had around 28k on my stock Michelins and couldn't take it anymore. Sliding in the rain,sucked in snow. Think mine came with the cheaper Michelins,had the 's' pattern on the tread. Got Dayton Timberline A/Ts...so far so good. Happy with them so far.

Mad Bomber

Reaction score
I got 40K out of my 1st set of OEM's. But there might have been a little burning them off

jarhead

comfortably numb
Reaction score
Well, I guess I'm not as ******* my tires as my wife says I am. Looks like 40k is about average.Cool.

clong

Reaction score
Damn, you guys are ******* tires. I have a set of Kelly AWR's in 285/75-16 that have 100K on them. I am replacing them next week. Course the original tires only lasted 30K.

russs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Big K
BFG - yeah, I know...

I'm happy with my Daytons so far. If they hold up well, and I do expect them to, the only reason I'd make the switch to the BFG Mud is 'cause these Daytons are not currently available in 255/85. I'd like to move to that size if I can ever get my leveling/airbag project started:rolleyes:

Nathan (nblack) came over and helped me with the new fron springs (Skyjacker D25's) and it was a snap! It oughta be even easier in that Taj Mahal you call your shop! I dont know if I'll go Mud Terrains again, probably All Terrains next time. The agressiveness of the tire matched to the torque of the Cummins makes for cuts in the tread when driven on rock roads. I'm hoping that the All Terrains will handle that better.

DEZLPWR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have BFG A/T's, and I absolutely love them! I had a set on my '95 Wrangler that went 70,000mi. I will never buy anything else. They wear real nice also.
I drove out to Eric's from Gig Harbor last night to play in the snow, and those A/T's were AWESOME on the snow covered roads out there in Puyallup/Graham. I had a tough time breaking loose on the snow in 4wd.... :rock: :rock: Gotta love it! :Thumbs Up

russs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was with ya all in spirit.... Beer, Hot Tub, fire in the stove....

Infact I ran out of home brew last night... Had to run up and buy some cheap **** to get me through tonight...

OLD MILWAUKEES BEST ICE!!!! Muddy's Favorite!

LOL LOL :cheers: :cheers: :drunk: :drunk: :puke: :puke:

rubberfish

Reaction score
Originally posted by Russ
I dont know if I'll go Mud Terrains again, probably All Terrains next time. The agressiveness of the tire matched to the torque of the Cummins makes for cuts in the tread when driven on rock roads. I'm hoping that the All Terrains will handle that better.

You better have some good mud flaps
The BFG A/T's are really bad for holding rocks in the tread.
They are awesome tires though. I've been running M/T's for a few sets but they don't last long enough, going to switch to A/T's, just wish they came in 255/85/16's:(

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online