Ticking noise; doesnt seem to be from engine

DesertBen44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So today in the dark i attempted to locate the cause of a ticking noise, which seems to be coming from underneath the truck behind the cab under the first foot or so of the bed.

The noise does increase with engine RPM, but it really seems like its coming from the area of the transfer case, almost sounds like some kind of vacuum pump trying to pump.

This sound familiar to anyone? It could be coming from the bottom of the engine but really doesnt seem like it.

OnDaRoad

On the road ....
Reaction score
Its' 62 degrees in Tucson right now ....

Its' 62 degrees in Tucson right now ... :backoff

Its' 20 degrees in Dayton and dropping ..... -cuss

Wait until daylight and take a closer look and listen ...

You LUCKY SOB ..... :hail

Jim

DesertBen44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha my apartments 77 degrees from earlier today, got all the windows open and fans blowing trying to keep cool. This is my first winter in Tucson, love it.

I'm so used to working graveyards at the airport, this is the time of day I have the most energy/desire to work on the rig, even if it is dark :dunno

OnDaRoad

On the road ....
Reaction score
Tucson is a great place to live ....

Haha my apartments 77 degrees from earlier today, got all the windows open and fans blowing trying to keep cool. This is my first winter in Tucson, love it.

I'm so used to working graveyards at the airport, this is the time of day I have the most energy/desire to work on the rig, even if it is dark :dunno

Tucson is a great place to live, its' still like Phoenix was in the 1960's.
The older neighborhoods have all different houses ...
Downtown still has great live music & cheap food.

I sincerely envy you ....

You lucky SOB .... -cuss

Jim

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Here 20 miles from the ocean in so cal its was around 80 degrees today.. Not a cloud in the shy. Yesterday it was mid 80's and hot outside... Sorry guys.... Its always great for the Rose Parade.. The world sees this and wants to live here. No rust... No snow... No salt.. Just lots of fruits and nuts out here. Our crusher trucks are rust free too......;p