Switching to Biodiesel

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mel, I once saw a list of companies that only sold fuel from U.S. crude, but I don't remember where. It was a moot point for me, though, since none of those companies had stations in California...and someone later claimed that the list was completely inaccurate. This was a while ago, so I don't have the link anymore... :(

JD, I actually spent some time on that site a while back. I had difficulty navigating it, though, and the phrase "Use the Search" seemed to be the answer to every question there. :( But, I didn't look in the regional area...actually, finding a coop that I could get involved with would be ideal (since i have more time than $$); I just didn't know where to look.

Mark, I was actually originally planning to run SVO...but I realized that that was going to create a series of issues, most notably the lack of a yard to filter/store it (same reason I can't brew Bio-D myself). Also, is the group you posted actually a coop? The website and the recent post history confused me somewhat. I wonder if maybe they'd accept another member...? I guess it can't hurt to try and get in contact with one of the group. :)

Thanks again :cool

smokin_stroker00

Reaction score
Originally posted by rthomas
im not that into bioD because of the cost, but ive been running10-15% used motor oil for about a month now to offset the fuel prices a little, ive noticed a small power increase (i can get 13 lbs. boost instead of 12 on straght diesel) the only negative aspect is that it smokes a little more when the egt's get under 300

How are you filtering that when you put it in?

rthomas

Reaction score
Originally posted by smokin_stroker00
How are you filtering that when you put it in?
ive been running it through a fine screen in a funnel before i dump it in the tank, i also thinned it out with some diesel (20%) so it flowes through the screen quicker. i dont worry about filtering it more because i know whats gone into my waste oil tank, im almost due for a fuel filter i will open my old one and see what ive accumulated. i wouldnt worry about it in small amounts as long as you know where it came from, just dump it in and go-russ

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online