swapping lift kit from single to dually

hawaiian808

Whiplash FTW
Reaction score
So my current truck is becoming a huggggggeeeeeeeeee money pit, so far 5g and now the roof has a hole in it.... I found a dually f250 with a dump bed, how easy is it to swap my lift kit over to the dually?

Drew2010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm. dually F250 eh? Must be a conversion with wheel spacers, if this "250 dually" is 4x4 then it would most likely have a Dana 50 TTB. If it is 2wd, then your lift wont work, and why would you lift a 2wd dually anyway...... If it does indeed have the dana 50 TTB, then It would be a bolt on swap for the front (assuming you dont have a dana 60 in your 84).

I am guessing you have lift blocks in the rear, if so it would be a matter of buying new u-bolts and swapping in the blocks... or if you have lift springs, you would have to swap them over, although I doubt lift springs would be worth a sh** with a loaded up dumpbox...

Last edited:

hawaiian808

Whiplash FTW
Reaction score
Lol that was a mistype I am on my phone haha, I Ment f350, I would be ok with swapping in my axles from my current truck, I also Belive the other truck is only 2wd , it was a nydot dump.

Drew2010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol that was a mistype I am on my phone haha, I Ment f350, I would be ok with swapping in my axles from my current truck, I also Belive the other truck is only 2wd , it was a nydot dump.

So you want to do a 4x4 conversion on this F350? well if your going to get into that, dont bother putting a Dana 50 under it, Find a solid Dana 60. Just to let you know, doing a 4x4 swap will prove to be a pretty involved swap.

hawaiian808

Whiplash FTW
Reaction score
Im always stuck between a rock and a hard place, I am basicly trying to save a buck, my current truck is going to take another 3g to fix, or I can pick up this dually, I figured it was a direct swap of my axles and tranny, and transfer case,..... I sometimes feel like I should just push my truck off a cliff, I can pick up the dually with 150ka on the engine sand zero rust for 1500.

Drew2010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i suppose you can get away with swaping in the dana 50, but if your going to leaf the front, you should really buy a 60... even though they are expensive. but if your going to do it then you should do it right.

What is all wrong with your 84 anyway? and do you really want a dually?

hawaiian808

Whiplash FTW
Reaction score
I have a d60 front, came with it when I bought it, I don't particularly want a dually that why I wanted to swap the rear out for a single, well to make a long story short my roof is rotted out completely, they went to lift my body to do the cab mounts and my roof buckled and just my luck its rotted thru, sooooo they can fix it but it is all custom and will cost about 3g and I just wasted 4 on redoing the rest of the body so I am basically screwed, and it was a waste of money fixing the cab corners etc....

Drew2010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well, if your thinking of a SRW conversion, then yes, swap in your whole rear axle and then your bed. If you are capable of a 4x4 swap, then go for it. especially since you have a Dana 60 already.

hawaiian808

Whiplash FTW
Reaction score
Most of the 4g work was on the cab its self and that's why im pissed, if I swap cabs I wasted money is I swap trucks I wasted money, only way to fix it is more money....

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
YES and NO

Here in lies the problem

Your truck
-reg cab 8' bed
-133" wheel base
-3" springs all the way around
-36" wide frame
-45" wide spring perches on the rear axle

The dually 4x4
-reg cab 8' bed
-137" wheel base
-3 " front springs 2.25" wide rear springs
-34" wide frame
-40" wide spring perches on rear axle

So it will work IF you want to shorten the frame 4". make custom mounts for the bed and re weld a set of spring perches on YOUR axle to use in place of the dually rear axle

i would just swap cabs

86truckpull

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hmm f350 dump ehh hmm sounds to me like it could be a cab and chassi which means the rear springs are 2.25 wide not the normal 3 and the fame is narrower than stock on the rear of the truck check under the cab to see if the frame looks like its double sleeved if it is u can't use a normal lift kit u can use the front srings from your truck but u have to put blocks in the rear same boat I'm in