Suspension lift question ?

7.3_IDI_guy

Currently ******'
Reaction score
I got bored and started looking around on the web and found this http://www.rockymountainsusp.com/fd4_f2_350.htm rough country part number 490ah the one with hydro shocks, its less that 500 dollars. I saw on PSN pics of a truck that had one installed and it looked like it was still sagging in the front end :dunno now heres my question, Could a person still use the superlift add-a-leaf kit and level it out without any major consequences andnot have an empty wallet afterward? I figured you would have to buy some long A$$ u-bolts at the most after the installation. not sure though? Should make for a good lookin truck though

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
You still need shocks and the pitman arm. Oh yeah, BIGGER TIRES!!!!!:puke::D:love::angel:

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
The kit u picked looks like it included everything but adjustable camber bushings. I wouldnt add the add a leaf because it may throw allignment out even with the cam bushings.

7.3_IDI_guy

Currently ******'
Reaction score
I just can't justify paying that amount of money for a kit that will make my truck sag in the front STILL. May go to pick and pull and find me an F-superduty spring pack

ADV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you can put fsuperduty springs in a F350? I have a 1988 fsuperduty I am parting out. What do you all have to do to put the springs in? Just front springs?

47ltb

Reaction score
The truck should sit level with that kit, I've never bought a lift kit that let the frontend sag.

BTW- I've bought two 4in rough country lift kit's in the past.

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
Just swapping springs wont work, u still need the drop brackets for the TTB pivots. So, u still have to buy parts. Plus longer shocks, possibly a dropped pitman arm n maybe extended brake lines...oh n u bolts.

PeskyMole

Reaction score
now heres my question, Could a person still use the superlift add-a-leaf kit and level it out without any major consequences and not have an empty wallet afterward? I figured you would have to buy some long A$$ u-bolts at the most after the installation. not sure though? Should make for a good lookin truck though

I think the "not have an empty wallet" part is hardly possible :p If you're looking for a nifty suspension lift, you could go with these: http://www.stylintrucks.com/category/suspension.aspx
they're not the cheapest but they're the closest I can find to your wallets preferences :)

You still need shocks and the pitman arm. Oh yeah, BIGGER TIRES!!!!!:puke::D:love::angel:

BIGGER TIRES! HURRAH!

Mulochico

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Look at the picture of mine. It is the exact kit I used. The 490AH was $609. It includes everything (including the pitman arm and shocks). I had to wait for the alignment as the shop had to order the camber bushings, but it aligned perfect. I am very pleased and it sure improved how it rides compared to the stock sagging springs (even with add-a-leafs)

In the pic it looks nose high. The wheel wells measured out to 1/2" higher in the back than the front

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance