Super Duty question

7.3_IDI_guy

Currently ******'
Reaction score
Will an 07 SD front clip fit on a 99 SD? I found a pretty good deal on a 99 with the front clip messed up a little and I just might know where an '07 front clip is :sly

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I believe it should. All the SuperDuty's up till 08 share the same basic body and frame design. In 05 is when the facelift was done to the SuperDuty's that was the Headlight, turn signal and grill change (with the large flat cross bars). There are several people that have given their older trucks a "facelift" with the newer clip. I know of a 2000 with an 05+ nose on it.

My opinion though, I like the older nose than the 05-07 nose and the 08-10 is just ugly! But to answer the question, an 07 nose will fit, and the body lines should match up. Ths only issue is if you are just trying to upgrade the grill and lights, the bottom of the 05-07 grill must be trimmed. But if you are replacing everything up front, bumper and all, it should be ok.

Fishin76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You may need to change the header panel that the headlights attach to also. (or, I think there is a mod to make the updated headlights fit the older panel.)

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I think the core support is the same, or similar, may have to change out the light buckets..... I do not remember reading that anyone had to change the core support to perform the facelift.

zpd307

Reaction score
the header will have to be changed if going to a full 07 front clip. if only changing the headlights, then the headlight area needs to be trimmed up a bit.