Super deal in jersey

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
If it has a stack its usually been driven like its stolen.
Sad but true. I used to like stacks when I was in high school, back in the 80's. When I saw the first one, I fell in love and I didn't even like trucks all that much. As the popularity of stacks grew, the novelty faded and so did my warm and fuzzy feeling about them. Now I can't stand them. Especially when they look like the one in this truck. Dodge/Cummins look ok with a single, reasonable sized stack. I feel that our trucks look better with dual stacks though.

Farmer Rock

just a fella' without a 10mm socket
Reaction score
I hate single stacks, but mostly because they are so impractical taking up half the bed. Especially the idiots running around with a 55 gallon drum in the bed for the stack. I just want to pull those guys out of the truck and shove em' in the barrel,lol.
I like dual stacks on a flatbed when done correctly. I have been thinking about dual stacks on my 87 after the flatbed goes on.not so much for looks, but the fumes have been pretty bad lately, and the exhaust system ain't nothing to write home about anyway. It got to the point that my grampa wanted me to put stacks on it when he rode with me, so that says it all.

Rock

ISPKI

Welding/metallurgical engineer/Metalsmith
Reaction score
I hate single stacks, but mostly because they are so impractical taking up half the bed. Especially the idiots running around with a 55 gallon drum in the bed for the stack. I just want to pull those guys out of the truck and shove em' in the barrel,lol.
I like dual stacks on a flatbed when done correctly. I have been thinking about dual stacks on my 87 after the flatbed goes on.not so much for looks, but the fumes have been pretty bad lately, and the exhaust system ain't nothing to write home about anyway. It got to the point that my grampa wanted me to put stacks on it when he rode with me, so that says it all.

Rock
I have seen centurion trucks with dual vertical stacks at the corners of the cab between that and the bed. Setup is similar to a semi truck. That actually looked good and it fit the aesthetic of the whole truck and did not eat up any of the bed.

My biggest issue with these kids modifying their trucks is that the functionality of the truck quickly diminishes. Stacks in the bed take up valuable cargo space, lift kits just make it that much more difficult to put stuff on the back. HOWEVER, that doesnt mean people who pay alot of money for these old trucks dont like those features. In fact, people with alot of liquid money tend to pay alot for mods like the giant stack, hence why this truck would likely sell for alot more than the asking price.

Farmer Rock

just a fella' without a 10mm socket
Reaction score
I have seen centurion trucks with dual vertical stacks at the corners of the cab between that and the bed. Setup is similar to a semi truck. That actually looked good and it fit the aesthetic of the whole truck and did not eat up any of the bed.

My biggest issue with these kids modifying their trucks is that the functionality of the truck quickly diminishes. Stacks in the bed take up valuable cargo space, lift kits just make it that much more difficult to put stuff on the back. HOWEVER, that doesnt mean people who pay alot of money for these old trucks dont like those features. In fact, people with alot of liquid money tend to pay alot for mods like the giant stack, hence why this truck would likely sell for alot more than the asking price.
I agree, I think dually pickups look good with dual stacks. And what you described is the exact reason truck prices are going sky high. It's them dang yuppies,lol

Rock

ROCK HARVEY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To me, stacks are a red flag when I’m looking to buy a truck because it usually means the owner turned up the pump and rolled coal. If I see stacks and no pyrometer that’s a deal-breaker.

reelfishin

Reaction score
A lot of years ago, back when i worked for a dealer, they got a used '86 diesel dually regular cab 4x2, it was someone's custom package, not sure who. It had the full fiberglass package, running boards, fender flares, visor, and front air dam. It was an F250 conversion, the kind with the LONG studs and spacers. While checking the brakes and dealing with a bunch of stripped rear studs, I couldn't help but notice the quality work they did making it a dually. Under the fender flares was the work an air chisel and parting tool, they ripped out the wheel wells and just left them all bare and jagged looking, no trim, no paint, just raw ripped up steel. The wheels were steel with the cheap chrome covers, and the studs were both corroded and seized in the adapter and loose on the hub letting both wheel assemblies wobble. The running boards were a mess too, the front was hanging from the rubber mounted cab, with brackets bolted the frame. Every time the cab moved or the frame flexed, it sounded like an elephant in heat inside the cab. The exhaust, on the stock motor, was two 8" diameter stacks that came up through the bed corners. The truck had an early fifth wheel in the bed and a welded support plate beneath the bed.

To make matters worse, they sold the truck to a real winner. The truck was two tone tan, the new owner wanted to paint his name on the side panel. It showed up for its first free service a few months later as a med. desert tan truck with green two tone sides and a white fiberglass cap. The stacks were now poking through the roof of the cap. The guy just cut two huge holes in the cap on each side and slid the cap down over the stacks. The fifth wheel was still in place, the cap was cut super close to fit the stack. Getting the cap on an offer must have been fun.
I later heard that it got flooded in the surf on the beach and was totaled, so we never saw it again.

When I see a rig like that one on FB I tend to ignore it knowing that even if it was well cared for, it's likely been screwed up with cheap accessories.