Stoopidddd ?? on LLY

White Ram

Reaction score
I know that you should never believe anything the dealer says without verifying it yourself but here goes.

My brother wants a new Duramax/Allison, I told him about the new LLY, and the improvements, power, turbo, fuel lines, and a few other things that I forget now. So instead of buying a 2003 a couple months back he has decided to get the LLY.

He went to the chevy dealer on Saturday and was told "the LLY is a heavy duty truck designator. Nothing motor wise has changed between 2003 and the 2004"

My guess is the dealer is just trying to unload the 03'. Am I correct?

TIA

steve

Max Power

Reaction score
You can't choose between the LB7 and the LLY. If he orders a new truck he will get an LLY.

Geno

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Max
I thought after a certian date an all LB7 were gone all new ones would be LLY (note I said Thought)
Geno

cat320

Reaction score
I was just at a show where there was a GM rep there and he said that they where gonna wait to see what Ford does .But he did say that he heard 315HP and not 310. But if the engine is out already why would he not know?? He did say it was only a chip or something .Who do you belive ?

Max Power

Reaction score
Originally posted by Geno
Max
I thought after a certian date an all LB7 were gone all new ones would be LLY (note I said Thought)
Geno
That's what I said. I think :p

rubberfish

Reaction score
Originally posted by cat320
I was just at a show where there was a GM rep there and he said that they where gonna wait to see what Ford does .But he did say that he heard 315HP and not 310. But if the engine is out already why would he not know?? He did say it was only a chip or something .Who do you belive ?

Not the uninformed dork you were speaking with:eek:
sounds like he needs a :kick: in the :moon:
I HATE rep's, all they are is some idiot that got promoted from **** sucking used car salesman:shoot: ;)

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by rubberfish
Not the uninformed dork you were speaking with:eek:
sounds like he needs a :kick: in the :moon:
I HATE rep's, all they are is some idiot that got promoted from **** sucking used car salesman:shoot: ;)

and have ever picked up a wrench in thier life.......:mad:

Geno

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LB7 thing of history in this area as far as sales go, sure would like to have a set of those heads on my truck.
Geno

White Ram

Reaction score
Last Saturday my brother picked up his LLY Duramax, Allison, Short bed crew cab(that way it fits in the garage), 4x4, with virtually all the bells and whistles. It has been a few months since I rode in or drove a Duramax, but his seemed to have a better tone or pitch whatever you want to call it, than the LB7's that I'm used to.

He is real happy so far at 667 miles and in two weeks he is going to hook up the boat and do some test runs up the pass and around.

I told him about the replys I got and he went back to talk to the dealer and his story was that; "the LLY was an entire HD package not just a motor change". Seems to me he was in back pedal mode, and trying to cover up that he was trying to off load the LB7 knowing the LLY's were coming.

thanks steve

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7