Steering Stabilizer

Highridge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a steering stabilizer on their truck factory? I heard that some came on them stock. I've got a stabilzer from a 2004 F350 and I'd like to make it fit my 1994 F350 but am wondering where I should attach it to? I can weld and fabricate brackets since its different than the ones I've seen online - just trying to save a few bucks.

Thanks
Derek

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is the '94 a 4x4 truck? Dunno about those, but the 2wd stabilizer bolts up to the passenger-side frame rail just a few inches before the engine crossmember, then the other end of the stabilizer goes onto the big draglink that runs between the pitman arm and the passenger-side steering knuckle. You'll need two L-brackets for this, you can either bolt or weld them up to the steering and frame. I have a '90 truck with '92 brackets and a 2002 stabilizer, the frame bracket is welded on but the draglink one is bolted on, seems to work out pretty good.

Highridge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah its a 4x4 D60. I know my 2004 F350 4x4 had one stock so i figure one can only help on this truck.

Derek

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
My 92 has one, so I assume they should all have the holes for the things to bolt up. Stabilizers are mighty nice for big loads on rough roads.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
All of our F350's came with them factory. But not once, TWICE, the stabilizer was stolen when we took the trucks into our tire shop for alignment. Every time we'd confront them about it they denied either of them having one. Nothing ****** me off more than a dishonest shop.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
All of our F350's came with them factory. But not once, TWICE, the stabilizer was stolen when we took the trucks into our tire shop for alignment. Every time we'd confront them about it they denied either of them having one. Nothing ****** me off more than a dishonest shop.

Sheesh! you'd think the fresh clean spot where the stabilizer just was would be evidence enough cookoo:backoff:backoff:backoff

Highridge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah that sucks, I've dealt with a few of them myself. So if they came factory there must be some brackets or something on the truck. I know on rockauto they show a different type of stabilizer the kind with a threaded rod on one end. Mine looks like the one they have listed for the 2wds. I'll take a look today for those brackets.

Thanks
Derek

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
when my friends 350 with the d60 got all death wobbly we added a stabilizer and trackbar bushings.
fixed her right up.

dp

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Here's a couple pics of the one I have on my brown truck. -It's the later design axle, from a 94 F350-
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

As you can see these D60's are the ones that came with a stabilizer from the factory. It has the stabilizer mount molded right into the spring perch. The other side has the u-bolt/plate mount that ties into the tie rod/drag link.

I purchased this one from a popular offroad company that sells stuff on ebay all the time. To my door for less than the parts stores wanted for them.
Can't remember which one I bought now. I was thinking it was the cheapest one they had because I'm a tightwad. lol
http://www.topguncustomz.com/Store/Gen2ProdDisplay.php?iview=232070718
http://www.topguncustomz.com/Store/Gen2ProdDisplay.php?iview=192461716

Oh yea, if you give top gun a call the lady that answers the phone answers it with, "Size Matters." LOL Made me wonder if I'd dialed 1-900 or something. :rotflmao

Last edited:

Highridge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Nebraska
My stabilizer is different cause it has the bushings on the ends instead of the threaded rod but I think I can fab some mounts so I can use it.

Brimmstone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My factory one is mounted up high on the frame rail. I'll get a pic of it tomorrow. I do intend to stick dual stabilizers on my truck in the near future though.