Steering Shaft Upgrade Time

tbirdfiend281

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I searched for it, and seem to have come up empty.

My truck wanders. Steering gear is tight and good, ball joints tie rods and wheel bearings are all servicable and in good working order. My steering shaft is loose, at BOTH ends. This seems like a very poor design. I was wondering if there was a factory upgrade, from a specific truck I could source to fix this issue forever, so I dont have to worry about it again.

I have found this, though a bit pricey, if it is bulletproof it will get purchased.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/brg-000980/media/images/year/1984/make/ford/model/f-250

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/brg-000985/media/images/year/1984/make/ford/model/f-250

One of those two, I am unsure of the difference, but there must be something.

Thanks people.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
A worthy upgrade!
Theyre a bit salty but worth their weight. It's on my list of to do's.

88IDITurbo

88IDITurbo
Reaction score
I installed one with the vibration dampener. Very pleased with the results and improved response. Well made part and worth the coin $.

warhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
google "tal4x4" They have the shaft about 40$ cheaper and free shipping. Great people to to business with as well.

tbirdfiend281

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is this shaft worth it? seems like a lot of money for just a steering shaft. I dont think it will ever fail, I just dont know how long a stock shaft will hold out. I figured also ford would have some upgrade somewhere, like the F Superduty's may have had a better shaft then our trucks.

Does anyone know if there is a bulletproof oem setup that I may be able to scrounge up cheaper?

warhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't give ya an opinion on if it's worth it since my truck hasn't ran since I installed it haha. But those who have used it on the site love it, and paired with a redhead box, i've heard it can't be beat

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726