Stamped Steel Wheels

PwrSmoke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been looking in the books for old style stamped steel wheels but wider than the stock 6x16 rims that came on my truck. Before they went to the styled steel wheels, it looks like they had some 7x16 rims with the right offset. Does anyone know if there ever was anything wider 7.5x16 or ideally 8x16? How about some Chevy or Dodge rims? I know Stockton Wheels has some 8x16s but they cost as much as many alloys. Would trade the 5 alloys I have for five 8x16 steel wheels in great shape. My factory hubcaps would have to fit the new wheels. I'm going retro with the truck but I still want to fit the 285/70R16 MT MTX tires. These are American Racing 8x16 Crater Teflon wheels with zero offset

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Those wheels are sweet.:love: I don't know about finding the wheels you are looking for but you should have no problem selling those ones. Did the show and shine give you a little inspiration and direction as far as working on your truck goes?:Thumbs Up

PwrSmoke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those wheels are sweet.:love: I don't know about finding the wheels you are looking for but you should have no problem selling those ones. Did the show and shine give you a little inspiration and direction as far as working on your truck goes?:Thumbs Up

Got some advice on the body work that was helpful. Not that I'll have time soon to work on it. I am inspired to spruce the old boy up a bit.

PwrSmoke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
285/75/16 fit on stock wheels

"Fit" ... as in you can get it mounted... sure. Delivering proper handling and wear, no way! The mounting rim specs for that size tire is 7.0-8.5 (7.5-8.5 on a few tires), with 8 the measuring rim dimension. And, yeah, goofy as hell looking on a 6 inch rim.

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
Aww comeon, Jim you saw my spare on my crawler. 17 inch wide tire on a 7 inch rim. Lol

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
I never said it looked good but it works i think it looks better than stock pizza cutters puke:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726