Specs on GM turbochargers?

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Can anyone fill me in on the specs on the GM series turbo charger, like what is the A/R on the turbine and compressor housings, what style exhaust flange? T3? T4? on all the gm turbos GM1 threw GM8

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't have any performance numbers on the fixed wastegate or the vac wastegate GM turbos for you but I really have my doubts that no matter how nice the numbers look, the 120deg kink at the outlet will kill any performance there is. I've been robbing the Banks TE06H wastegated turbo off 6.9/7.3 idi'a and parking them where the factory turbo used to go on a 6.5. The flange is a T3 spec, so, it's a bolt-on. between the turbo and a non-flattened downpipe, the 6.5 will boost to 10psi at the snap of a finger.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
I don't have any performance numbers on the fixed wastegate or the vac wastegate GM turbos for you but I really have my doubts that no matter how nice the numbers look, the 120deg kink at the outlet will kill any performance there is. I've been robbing the Banks TE06H wastegated turbo off 6.9/7.3 idi'a and parking them where the factory turbo used to go on a 6.5. The flange is a T3 spec, so, it's a bolt-on. between the turbo and a non-flattened downpipe, the 6.5 will boost to 10psi at the snap of a finger.

I understand that but im not looking for performance numbers im looking for the compressor and turbine A/R#