Speaking of X-springs...

jvencius

Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried X-springs as a way to compensate for an aftermarket heavy-duty bumper? Sooner or later, I'll be buying a Buckstop bumper and since I like the way my truck sits (a little bit nose-down) I thought installing X-springs would balance out the extra (~300 lbs or so) weight without having to use an add-a-leaf in the front.

ktpauley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, I installed X springs after I installed the Warn HD bumper and winch on my truck. The bumper and winch lowered the front 1 1/2". The X springs raised the front 1/4" higher than stock. The bumper and winch weigh about 500 LBS. Hope this helps. Keith

Last edited:

architect-builder

Reaction score
Oh, yeah, there you are with that damn bumper again Keith! :rolleyes:

The X springs raised my front 1-3/4". I plan on adding a bumper (as soon as I can find Keiths truck :D ) and 16000 # winch on mine, and will probably add the Edge "Minispring" pack at that time also. Should bring it back to perfect.

FWIW

Barrett

ktpauley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad to see over here Barrett. Are the 2 of us allowed to play together again or is Rachel still mad at me? I was wondering if you got the bumper yet. I see me plea that you were a good boy :rotflmao didn't work for you to get the bumper for Xmas. I think I'm a little too far for you to come and steal the bumper from my truck. You could always come out here for the Mini-rally/BS/Breakfast that we might do again when the weather get warmer. Keith

Duke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jvencius,

The X springs are a perfect way to compensate for a front end load, like a plow, winch, heavy bumper, without sacraficing ride quality or steering geometry.

Probably the cheapest & best lift kit out there!! :)

architect-builder

Reaction score
ktpauley said:
Glad to see over here Barrett. Are the 2 of us allowed to play together again or is Rachel still mad at me? I was wondering if you got the bumper yet. I see me plea that you were a good boy :rotflmao didn't work for you to get the bumper for Xmas. I think I'm a little too far for you to come and steal the bumper from my truck. You could always come out here for the Mini-rally/BS/Breakfast that we might do again when the weather get warmer. Keith

:backoff Ya never know who's lurking out there!

:D

Barrett

ktpauley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First, you'll have to fine the house. I think there are only 4 or 5 members that actually know where the house is. Nobody finds the driveway the first time. Second the truck is alarmed. And third, you'll never make it out of the driveway because the dogs will lick you to death first. And you'll need about 4 other people to remove it. Keith

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7