Spares for Banks sidewinder

bob_442

mad scientist
Reaction score
Those pics towcat posted are of my truck. The pics with the van/hummer intake with the "custom"
silicone hose were taken later than the pics with the standard 6.5 truck intake. The truck intake
pictures were taken after towcat put together the setup with the banks turbo. Unbeknownst to
either of us though, that engine was living on borrowed time. It succumbed to the dreaded main
web cracks, possibly due to a slipped balancer. I punched it at a green light (I needed to change
lanes quickly), and as the truck took off, I was treated to a loud "crack!" from the power train,
followed by complete loss of power. The main web came apart.

Some months went by. Towcat saw a posting on craigslist for a 6.5 in a crate; he shot me a PM,
and I got on the horn. Next thing you know, we did a ~150 mile round roadtrip to go fetch it. As
soon as I found the time to start doing the engine swap, I got started. As I was moving the
accessories over...and seemed to be having a hell of a time getting those intake bolts started. :)
After shining a flashlight down the holes, I couldn't believe what I saw. The threads were heading
off at the wrong angle! So I googled. And confirmed what I dreaded.

I read how some folks redrilled the threads in the heads...and how some drilled on the intake.
I didn't figure either of these were for me. A buddy welded a piece of aluminum onto the hole
where the turbo normally goes. The silicone is attached to that.

Bob