sound deadeners?

97idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone know of a product to put on the oil pan to help with engine noise? or would this not work?

swampdigger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Worried about sound outside the cab? I thought that's why we own these motors :)

For inside the cab, I found missing firewall grommets to make a HUGE difference... make sure the shifter boot is tight as well.

97idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ha yeah not so much outside noise but alot of engine noise could travel past the pans sheet metal

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
How about using something like Rhino bedliner. Just make sure the pan is clean and rattlecan spray it on.... If thats how you buy it...:sly

97idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How about using something like Rhino bedliner. Just make sure the pan is clean and rattlecan spray it on.... If thats how you buy it...:sly

haha that might work i was looking at a web site and they have some material that kills the sound and withstands 1200 degrees so i might try that;Sweet

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The oil pan will never reach more than 250 degrees... Normally its only around 10 or 15 degrees above the coolant temp...

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
A heavy layer in the floor makes a world of difference. When I was doing all my fancy tranny work adding my brownie, i put an inch of Armaflex under the carpet and that did amazing things for temperature and sound, a little too good actually, I have to watch the tach when shifting the brownie , can't hear the engine very well at highway speed :rotflmao

97idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah i think iam gona do dyna mat or equivelent when i take my carpet out to steam clean and change seats!

hahn_rossman

Hahn Rossman
Reaction score
I used a two layers of the "brown bread" product from these guys when I swapped in my ZF5. I really was surprised at how effective it was in quieting everything down. I either don't have the gear roll over problem many have with the single mass flywheel or just can't hear it?:dunno
http://www.b-quiet.com/
There is also a good site to read about what all the differences are (or are not) between all the competing products available
http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi

I'd really recommend this project to everybody, it's cheap and your significant other will probably be more interested in spending tome in your truck if you can hear each other!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel

Members online