someone reputable to install a moose pump around portland, Or?

Rick92f350

Reaction score
just like the title says. its way past time to where I'm having to run super concentrate additive every other tank just to keep it drivable. looking to have it installed,tuned,and timed for the 088 turbo. any help is greatly appreciated . thanks Rick

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Contact typ4 aka Russ by pm. He lives up that way. Also plenty of other members that can do the job are up around there too. Timing might be a little tuffer but if you want to rent mine its available. I have a timing meter rental program that I offer to all on this forum. It has been well received by so many idi owners. I find it a silly business decision to not offer this service at our trusting Ford dealers....:rolleyes:;Really:angel:

Rick92f350

Reaction score
i got ahold of him and he is super busy at work right now. myself being a single parent that works 11-14 hours a day i totally understand. but if anybody knows someone with the knowledge and meter that has the time and would like to do do it soon please let me know. or maybe just install and tune and i could rent your meter and time myself. thanks Rick

ToughOldFord

The Cold Glow-Plug
Reaction score
Contact typ4 aka Russ by pm. He lives up that way. Also plenty of other members that can do the job are up around there too. Timing might be a little tuffer but if you want to rent mine its available. I have a timing meter rental program that I offer to all on this forum. It has been well received by so many idi owners. I find it a silly business decision to not offer this service at our trusting Ford dealers....:rolleyes:;Really:angel:

LOL;Sweet

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only takes four tools minus a timing meter an multi meter if ur auto. You could probley do it yourself in less than 3 hours. Local shops around here want 300-400 dollars to change a pump an none of them can even time it.

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I could probably come up and help you swap it. I dont have a timing meter though so we would either have to purchase or rent it.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ive got a timing meter. Lets just get together and get it installed so we can have a NW moose pump test lol
Ill make time, things are settling out a bit.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Ive got a timing meter. Lets just get together and get it installed so we can have a NW moose pump test lol
Ill make time, things are settling out a bit.
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Call if you need any timing help Russ. Hope this job is an easy one for you and thanks for helping another member in need. Your what makes this forum the best.

Rick92f350

Reaction score
WOW. Thank you to EVERYONE that responded. I can't express my appreciation enough. Its nice to know there are still some good folks out there that will stop their busy lives and take the time to help a total stranger when he really needs it. Russ, i will work around your schedule as much as i can to make it the least inconvenient to you. I will order the pump as soon as i get an idea of when we can make this happen. Thanks again for all the offers of help and suggestions from everyone. Rick

5.0bronco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Contact typ4 aka Russ by pm. He lives up that way. Also plenty of other members that can do the job are up around there too. Timing might be a little tuffer but if you want to rent mine its available. I have a timing meter rental program that I offer to all on this forum. It has been well received by so many idi owners. I find it a silly business decision to not offer this service at our trusting Ford dealers....:rolleyes:;Really:angel:[/ QUOTE]

how much do you charge to rent the timing meter? I put a moose pump on mine but I haven't actually properly set the timing and id like to set it right

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Most know my rental fee is $70.00 for 5 days. I agree the 5 days is about 4 1/2 days more than anyone needs but its worked out well that way. If more time is needed its another $35.00 for 5 more days. Pm me for more details. It usually takes 3 days to ship from the west coast to the east coast so figure that in to your ability to use the meters. These are the simple to use Kent Moore J33300-A meters. They have a digital display for rpm and degrees of timing. you clean 2 locations and connect the probes. then connect power to the meter. Press one rocker switch. then start engine and rev to 2000 rpm. Read the meter. Shut down and make changes. Its that simple.. I have 2 meters available at this time. Members contact me thru pm so I can track the time you contacted me. The time is stamped on when you send the pm to me. In the past there have been issues with this and it was minutes that decided who got the meter. I do my best to keep it fair to everyone.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WOW. Thank you to EVERYONE that responded. I can't express my appreciation enough. Its nice to know there are still some good folks out there that will stop their busy lives and take the time to help a total stranger when he really needs it. Russ, i will work around your schedule as much as i can to make it the least inconvenient to you. I will order the pump as soon as i get an idea of when we can make this happen. Thanks again for all the offers of help and suggestions from everyone. Rick

order the pump and then tell me when its on its way, I cant schedule anything too far out. I just have to make the time.

and I have a timing meter.

Rick92f350

Reaction score
I ordered the pump yesterday and they said it should ship fri and take 5-7 days to get here. but i don't have to return the core for a couple weeks so whatever works best of you. i was also wondering if you still had an up pipe and possibly a down made up for the 088? i plan on compensating you more than the shop rate for your knowledge and experience of this motor. I'm also curious as to what your favorite bottle of liquor or beer is? just as a token for my appreciation for your help with this. thanks Rick