So what did you do with your truck today?

KansasIDI

Hopelessly addicted to IDIs
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No fuel selector valve, only rear tank. Fuel lines look to be OK. Showerhead has been deleted and replaced with just a fuel line with a V cut at the very bottom of the tank. I had an electric lift pump in line that ate itself, probably because some d u m b a s s put 50 amps to it, oh wait that was ME, and I think it was restricting flow. I will now try it without the electric pump and see if it works now.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Workin on my 1990 7.3. It’ll crank and start, but won’t stay running. I have a vacuum/pressure gauge plumbed into the Schrader valve on the fuel filter head. When it starts, there is about four psi, but after running, it will get down to about 10 inches of vacuum and die. Do I have a pinched fuel line I just replaced all of them from the tank and all the way up.
Might not have no gas in it

KansasIDI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sure enough that was the problem.
I have it running at full power now. Light acceleration is about four psi boost. Heart acceleration is about 12. It sounds really good. I have the idle set a little bit low sounds very much like an early Powerstroke. This thing is BAD ASS. I hit 80 at the bottom of a steep hill, and climbed on up to 90 when I got to the top. In fourth gear, then shifted into fifth uphill. @IDIBRONCO
You are right, this thing could out run any Cummins of the era

KansasIDI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It leaks oil from around the bottom of the dipstick tube. Quite bad. Doesn’t leak anywhere else though.

KansasIDI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations on how to seal it up? I’d imagine that the bottom of it got broke off in there.

KansasIDI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dare say that it would kick my V10s ass. Not off the line, but with both starting at 30, it would probably pass the V10

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Any recommendations on how to seal it up?
From the factory, there's a small seal or oring on there. What I would do is to remove the stick, pull the tube out, make sure that the adapter stays in the block, clean up the tube really well, cover the oring area with RTV, and then put the tube back in. Make sure to say A LOT of four letter words while you're doing it.

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a philosophy to live close to work so that you maximize your non-work time. And if you don't, change jobs or housing. :fight:

It works well for me, 20 mins to work, 20 mins back. Rarely any traffic. I LOVE IT.
And the more kiddos we have, the more important maximizing time is. Currently at 4 little ones, 9,6,3, and 6 months.

I'm in fairly population-dense western WA so that's a factor. In other areas maybe 40 mins is a great commute time, I dunno. I do know that it's common for people north of Seattle to commute into Seattle daily over an HOUR each way. That's bonkers to me. cookoo

Did you ever find out where all those kids are coming from?
Time to tie a knot on it...LOL

I had one too many.

Goat

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford play date, Napa Valley style.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach
That is a nice set up you have, Don`t know how anyone can live w/o a tractor.
I now have 2, the 84 JD 950 and the latest, Kioti CK30.

Goat