So what did you do with your truck today?

Thatoneguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What started out as a small scratch with some,surface rust... Well turns out it's been there a while. Just gonna have to screen and bondo it for now until eventually when I have some time to cut out a patch for it.
You must be registered for see images

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Wildman7.3IDI

Reaction score
What started out as a small scratch with some,surface rust... Well turns out it's been there a while. Just gonna have to screen and bondo it for now until eventually when I have some time to cut out a patch for it.

Whoa... That sucks...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Thatoneguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whoa... That sucks...

Ya. I took a slag hammer and used the pointy end ALL over the rest of the roof to make sure. And I pretty much dumped por15 in the and smeared it as far as I could reach just to make sure I didn't miss any rust lol. The rest of the screen is tacking into place right now... Then it's an acetone wipe and bondo time.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Do you think welding the dmf would be possible without dropping the trans just by turning the engine over and working through the inspection cover? I don’t own a truck that still has a dmf so I can’t check myself
I don't think so.
Where he welded was with the clutch and pressure plate removed.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Thatoneguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got her patched up. Napa wanted 58 bucks for ONE aerosol can of the stock color code... NOPE. Planning on setting up paint and giving her a face lift eventually anyways. So black will have to do for now since its what I had one the shelf lol. Truck is tall and it's on the roof anyhow. So unless you get in the bed you ain't gonna see it anyhow.

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you think welding the dmf would be possible without dropping the trans just by turning the engine over and working through the inspection cover? I don’t own a truck that still has a dmf so I can’t check myself

That's what I did. Had it together before I learned what my problem was.

Hopefully you didn't unbalance the flywheel

Probably did... but it doesn't sound/feel unbalanced. Meh.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hit 250,000 miles today. I bought this truck from the original owner with hardly any miles when I was 15, it has kept me safe on the road for many many years and has proved to be the most reliable thing I own or have ever worked on.Truck still runs great but the oil consumption is getting old. Going to be receiving a new powerplant this winter;Sweet
You must be registered for see images attach

03wr250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently relocated my coolant tank and washer tank under my battery trays.

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I recently relocated my coolant tank and washer tank under my battery trays.

I'm sure it's a good thing, but I'm not sure why? Do you have any other pictures? I might figure it out if I had a better look at what you did...

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Am I correct in that, on the left in the picture, your using a hooked pick and clamp to hold up the screen while you bondo it?

Thatoneguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Am I correct in that, on the left in the picture, your using a hooked pick and clamp to hold up the screen while you bondo it?
No I'm using the hook pick and clamp to hold the screen in place until the adhesive on the screen cures and it holds itself up.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Put the cap on it and picked up my winter weights. Hopefully it'll be a while before I need them. I figured it's a lot easier to put the cap on BEFORE it gets super cold.

Also ordered poly body bushings. $50 with free shipping for open box prothane black ones. They're 60 everywhere so I'll take it!

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Flash...Flash...Flash...Flash...Flash...Flash...Flash...Flash......goes the OD cancel light in chip truck.Finally the TECA in this truck says that crappy bouncy speedometer needle isn't good enough anymore lol! Just changed out the PSOM with a used one,after the PSOM was doing wonky things for the past couple years.The needle was bouncy and would fluctuate by as much as 10 mph out of nowhere for a second and go back to normal.When braking it would go "click...click...click....click" along with the bounce.I dunno what that was all about lmao.
So anyway I just swapped in another one I grabbed off ebay.She reads 80k more miles than what's really on the truck but holy crap is she smooth! Just like brand new again.I should of swapped it out before the E40D wasn't happy,it would of been nicer.Oh well.She's good now.Changed the conversion constant to 1065 for my little 225/75/16's and she's dead nuts on with my GPS.
Also got the RPM/tach code (14) not sure what that's all about yet.I'll clear the codes and run her for a bit now and see if 14 was just a ghost code or if the sensor really is going out.Tach works fine.Never replaced that sensor in this truck yet so hard telling.