So what did you do with your truck today?

Runningaford

Reaction score
I drove mine today! I adjusted the fuel the other day, I went around a flat, and a half. I've had the turbo, and new exhaust on for around 2 weeks now; I checked for any exhaust leaks today, and found none. The crossover pipes are clean at their connections, as well as the up-pipe to manifold.

Unloaded I make between 2 to 5 psi. I was alarmed at the lack of boost, but did further reading, and found that without a load, there's not much boost, and mine according to what I read, should be somewhat correct boost unloaded. I'll find out tomorrow whether what I read is correct, or not as I'm gonna hook up to my 5'er, and take it out on a road test!

The only other thing I'm going to do is figure out how to pump fuel from my auxiliary tank to the regular tanks; it may just end up a pump, and fuel line that I use when stopped, and fuel it like a regular pump....just not sure yet.... I wanted to hook it up as a third direct tank, but someone mentioned that since it's in the bed, and higher than the return lines, that it may put too much pressure on them; resulting in leakage.... I donno.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Located my spare F350 4x steering box...need swap tomorrow...may do rad swap too....

Got to label all these steering boxes here as cores or good used ones LOL...

Ugh...way to many freaking parts ....aaaaarrrrrggggghhhh...

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
The only other thing I'm going to do is figure out how to pump fuel from my auxiliary tank to the regular tanks; it may just end up a pump, and fuel line that I use when stopped, and fuel it like a regular pump....just not sure yet.... I wanted to hook it up as a third direct tank, but someone mentioned that since it's in the bed, and higher than the return lines, that it may put too much pressure on them; resulting in leakage.... I donno.

If you pull off the top of the auxiliary tank, just like the factory tanks do, you will be fine, with no leaks. If you draw off the bottom, the weight of the fuel can blow through and electric valve (like the factory FSV).

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you pull off the top of the auxiliary tank, just like the factory tanks do, you will be fine, with no leaks. If you draw off the bottom, the weight of the fuel can blow through and electric valve (like the factory FSV).

Siphon vs gravity?

Runningaford

Reaction score

It's a transferflow tank, it has the fuel/sending unit set up from the top like a regular tank; both the pick up, and return rest on the bottom, but are from the top....... You think I can just run that as a third regular tank?

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
It's a transferflow tank, it has the fuel/sending unit set up from the top like a regular tank; both the pick up, and return rest on the bottom, but are from the top....... You think I can just run that as a third regular tank?

Yes I do. This is how Travis had his set up of on the Enterprise. He had both factory tanks in place and working, along with the factory FSV. He then added a second FSV, one side was connected to the auxiliary tank (in bed 120 gallon tank) supply and return, and the other side was connected to the output (what previously ran to the engine) of the factory FSV. He added a switch, this new switch was a factory/auxiliary tank selector, and the factory switch still selected front/rear and the gauge readout. He didn't have a gauge on the aux tank......but I would think if you used a second FSV with the ability to select gauge input, you could plumb the wiring in the same fashion as the fuel..... factory to aux to dash......

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
have'nt gotten to the truck yet.still getting chipper ready............truck needs 6 tires - ouch!!! and an inspection sticker -this parts easy.she's in tip top shape and always passes.

michelin ltx m/s2 = trash! they didn't last for crap.......steaming mad.-cuss

now what? gunna try some firestones maybe.

chip truck this is.
log truck is set to go.

don't have my sig back in place yet lol;

? 8 Burnin' With 6 Turnin' ?
Chip Truck: '93 F250HD 4x4 XLT,Dually,9' Dump & Plow.
444ci Navistar IDI,100cc of Moose juice w/ H-max SPL.2nd gen Banks sidewinder.Turbo G Code Injectors.CXRacing FMIC.Aux engine oil cooler.3.5" exhaust & cowl induction.Built E4OD w/ Tugger kit,T-stat,Aux Cooler & Triple Disc Billet Converter & Extra Low Stall.3.84:1 effective.Electric fuel & Engine fans.Coolant filtration.Hydroboost brakes.POR-15.Stainless sims.WC mirrors.Under bed toolboxes.Keyless entry.Soundproofing.MP3.Rear view cam.Auto meter gauges.

Log Truck: '93 F-Super Duty (F-450) XLT,16' Dump & Auto Crane.
444ci Navistar IDI w/2nd gen Banks sidewinder.Turbo G Code Injectors.CXRacing FMIC.3.5" exhaust.E4OD w/Transgo kit,T-stat & Aux Cooler.5.13 gearing.Electric fuel & Coolant filtration.WC mirrors.Under bed toolboxes.Keyless entry.MP3.Rear view cam.Auto meter gauges.
The DD: '98 Honda Civic EX Coupe
The Toy: '68 T-bird Coupe 429TJ,C6,2:80

got a nice new rad support to put in soon.you guys see what i got from the cowboys?
http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?76227-l-k-what-i-scored-in-the-lone-star-today

:eek::eek::eek:

Last edited:

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
...gunna try some firestones maybe...

I highly recommend the Firestone Transforce A/T's. I've actually had 2 sets, and the first set I got nearly 65,000 Miles from them. This second set has about 15,000 miles on them and still have a lot of life left. Dad has also had 2 sets, and is very satisfied with them also......

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
ok cool!i'll give 'em a try.thank you.

edit..
there we go.6 ordered and coming in for install tomorrow afternoon.....ouch! owning duallies stings at times like these.:cry:

Last edited:

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drove mine today! I adjusted the fuel the other day, I went around a flat, and a half. I've had the turbo, and new exhaust on for around 2 weeks now; I checked for any exhaust leaks today, and found none. The crossover pipes are clean at their connections, as well as the up-pipe to manifold.

Unloaded I make between 2 to 5 psi. I was alarmed at the lack of boost, but did further reading, and found that without a load, there's not much boost, and mine according to what I read, should be somewhat correct boost unloaded. I'll find out tomorrow whether what I read is correct, or not as I'm gonna hook up to my 5'er, and take it out on a road test!

FWIW my 093 sits around 4-5 lbs cruising and will hit over 10 with ease if I get on it , unloaded..

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
ok cool!i'll give 'em a try.thank you.

edit..
there we go.6 ordered and coming in for install tomorrow afternoon.....ouch! owning duallies stings at times like these.:cry:

What size, and how much, if you don't mind me asking.

I got mine at a local tire shop (Mom and Pop owned for DECADES) and I got 4, out the door for just under $800 in the fall of 2014...... I will look at the mileage and try and snap a picture for you.......

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What size, and how much, if you don't mind me asking.

I got mine at a local tire shop (Mom and Pop owned for DECADES) and I got 4, out the door for just under $800 in the fall of 2014...... I will look at the mileage and try and snap a picture for you.......

set of 6,mounted,balanced and installed for a touch over $1,200.

225/75/16

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
set of 6,mounted,balanced and installed for a touch over $1,200.

225/75/16

Not a bad deal..... about what I paid.....

Here is a picture of my current set of Transforce A/T's

You must be registered for see images attach

This set, when this picture was taken has 26,874.6 miles..... there is some wear, but they are no where near needing replaced.... you can see the wear bar in the picture......

They are 265/75/16 (Factory Size)

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
my michelin ltx m/s2's look like slicks (im not exaggerating) without even 20k miles on them.:puke:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle