So what did you do with your truck today?

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Seems like each one is different. I installed a 2wd e4od reman in my in laws truck, it took 18qts but it was also bone dry.

Ohiogoldfever

Reaction score
Seems like each one is different. I installed a 2wd e4od reman in my in laws truck, it took 18qts but it was also bone dry.

Yea, seems the figures I find are all over the place. I have a new inline micro filter coming tomorrow. I’ll pump out what’s measuring as extra.

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After getting back from West Virginia (2022 rally) I parked it, unloaded it, but haven't moved or started it since July 2022. I have all of my project cars down for various reasons and my family has my daily, so picked up 2 new batteries (old ones were from 2017!) and it started up. It was 36°f here this morning, and got a text from a neighbor while I was letting it warm up hahah.

Diesel was down to 3.75 here so put about 10-gallons per tank and have been driving it as my daily.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240422_161334_Voice.jpg
    Screenshot_20240422_161334_Voice.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 10

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know especially as right before that trip I FINALLY did my lifters and the dorky mirrors I wanted and swapped a working radio into it (although can't hear it much over road noise ).

But now my pavement princess is back on the pavement running housewife errands as it should be haha

Ohiogoldfever

Reaction score
I guess the delivery dude wanted to see what’s in the summit box? 3” exhaust builders kit. Guess I need to count the pieces.

Y’all should see the bird snot straight pipe someone bubble gummed on this poor truck.

Attachments

• 305D5E3E-7822-4C9C-B639-136D6EFD27D6.jpeg
    305D5E3E-7822-4C9C-B639-136D6EFD27D6.jpeg
    690.1 KB · Views: 5

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess the delivery dude wanted to see what’s in the summit box? 3” exhaust builders kit. Guess I need to count the pieces.

Y’all should see the bird snot straight pipe someone bubble gummed on this poor truck.

I ordered a kit for my truck a few weeks ago. Box showed up the same way. They certainly weren't packaged very well! Doesn't help putting the plastic bands on because everyone tries to carry the box by the bands and they cut into the box kinda defeating the purpose....

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Went on a 2hr drive to pick up a car for someone yesterday. Sadly I think that'll be the last load until I get the swap done. The clutch is getting much worse. I'm not sure how much of it is the clutch or if some of it is the firewall but it's time to stop using it the way it is unfortunately. I'll have to make some good progress this spring/summer and get this thing going. Other than that she did great as usual. Love this old beast.

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got the bed back on and bolted down.
Fuel lines reconnected. I pulled it because front tank was leaking, really didn`t see from where. Tightened all clamps etc... I have a 2/4" threaded fitting screwed into the Roll over grommet, maybe it wasn`t down tight enough? Pulled it and thought of some kind of sealant maybe. Used some Rector Seal, we`ll see if it works. maybe the wrong stuff, IDK. and made sure it was screwed in tight.
Added a vent to the rear tank which (stupid) forgot all about doing when doing the Fast Fill mod a few years back.

Hope I got all the wires connected correctly, really a spaghetti mix of crimps and splices back there from prior owners.
leaving here for our trip to eastern Oregon in about an hour.
dang I forgot to check them yesterday... :frustrate

Hope the old girl holds up for one more trip...:peelout

Goat

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well saturday, did make a run to my house. There was complications, one the back tires though it had a re-tread to loose...

You must be registered for see images

@IDIBRONCO, I saw there was a cheap pro comp a/t tire for sale and did look to buy one. Issue was there was no hold of stock and found they where discontinued in my size, so the next cheapest was a yokohama a/t. So got that for a spare and good thing I did, it is skinny tho for my 10in wheels. I dont care for how it felt and dont like how exposed the side wall was. Funny the only used non mud 315/75/16 tires, where a set of these. So more new was needed...

The general a/t2 tires I have/had are aound 8 years old, so the truck sitting did not help getting her back going. I did ask to get the other 3 tires ballenced, because another was acting like the first before it went. The other was on the other side of rear, so as a pair they got replaced. That would keep the trak-loc happy and having to deal with mixed load range on tires on a axle.

Was considering the yokohama x-a/t next, but no one local could get them. So borrowed money to get two mickeys, that are basicly a D'cepek trail countury exp. There firmer than the generals, but that is do to them being E's over D's. They seem equal to the general on a dry interstate, but feel more planted in gravel. Also they talk to me like curb finders like the generals did, so gives certainty of location on terrain. They also fit the wheels and give protection to the side walls, so these beizar tires are what will be ran and need to save up for the other two. Dont know whats up with the tire shop I can get mickeys, but they have something up with not giving me white walls out. It all ready took them 3 hours to get this far, and did not want to wait for another hour or more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online