So I imagine somebody would have brought this up by now...

Hyde

N GO SEEK
Reaction score
If such a thing existed. A friend of mine claims that back in the day his buddy had an aftermarket intake MANIFOLD on his 7.3IDI. Swears up and down mind you, and said it ran just about as strong as anything he's seen as N/A diesels go. Anyone heard of one?

Last edited:

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes Banks used to make a Stinger system for these trucks. In consisted of a larger lid on the stock intake to incorporate a larger filter. It also has an upgraded exhaust system. There was another company who also made one but i cant remember who it was.

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
No aftermarket intake that I have ever heard of. The intake on these engines is really more wide open than it needs to be. Even with a turbo it still flows plenty good.
Ken

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
NJKen

That is the first time I had heard someone say something positive about our stock intake.......weird.

Thad

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We are not talking new intake manifolds, just updated intakes. There are no aftermarket manifolds for these trucks.

RustyBolts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That brings up another question. Anyone ever heard of Headers for an IDI? Dad claims he saw them once upon a long ago on a truck that the John Deere Dealership he worked for had.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
No manifolds, but here is the Banks air cleaner lid. I've got one on my wife's truck.

Tom

Attachments

• engine03.JPG
    engine03.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 30

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
morerunner

Members online