single stack

hypermax22

sled puller
Reaction score
i have a 94 turbo diesel and was thinking about putting a stack in the bed just would like to know if you think it would be good idea or not because i wondering what it would sound like

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
some guys like the look. be ready for a sooty truck, the stack will "snow" soot on your bed.

i have seen single stack trucks and they look ok, i guess i prefer a symmetrical look. but personally i'd choose an underneath exhaust.

the single stack looks better if you have a dump bed or headache rack, IMO

hypermax22

sled puller
Reaction score
i know they will soot the bed up but i was just wondering if it sound good or bad and what should i get if i do a stack should it be curved or not

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
sound has a lot to do with the muffler you use (or don't use). you may hear it from the driver's seat louder thru a stack than thru a tailpipe but the sound won't change much.

personally i like straight stacks with a 45 deg miter at the top, angled toward the back of the truck. like Nick did his:

You must be registered for see images attach

jauguston

Retired
Reaction score
If you like the "Red Neck" look go for it. Be prepared to have a black mess all over your truck after each rain unless you put a cap over the exhaust pipe everytime you shut it off.

Jim

Muddinkev44

Full Access Member
Reaction score

These are the best pics of my truck's stacks...

In my opinion....single stacks are only for I-6 engines....and even on them they look redonkerous...if your gonna do stacks do dual....and make sure they are proportional to the size of your truck....the only time I get a soot bath is when it rains really hard....it definately helps that they have a curve to them and that they are angled out...

hypermax22

sled puller
Reaction score
because thats hunting for is the sound because right now it sounds good but i was just wanting to know if it would sound better because i'am tired of darkin the grass lol

Diezel_Cowboy

It's not like a real ***!
Reaction score
i have a 94 turbo diesel and was thinking about putting a stack in the bed just would like to know if you think it would be good idea or not because i wondering what it would sound like

Check out my pics link in my signature.

I have always like the look of a stack or stacks. I put the raincaps on just to be original........seems like everyone has stacks now but there arent many with rain caps.
The black soot is nothing to worry about there usually isnt much and it washes off.
Far as the sound goes the only thing better is just off the downpipe with a turn out........with stacks and the windows up and no muffler the truck is quiet, remember I'm talking with the windows up!

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what should i get if i do a stack should it be curved or not

Straight and Mitered stacks will let more rain in than curved stacks unless you run caps which can be an iritating noise all by themselves at idle....clink clink clink

Both mitered and curved look good to me and it's really a matter of personal taste and how much of that black crap you want to clean off your truck when you start it after a rain. Me I don't care for stacks in pickups but I think 2 looks better than one if you do.

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
I like stacks check out the link in my sig for pics as for the sound I don't think it really changed the sound of mine other then making it a little louder and maybe a little deeper

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Curved stacks do the best job of directing the soot onto somebody ELSE'S vehicle. ;Sweet LOL

hypermax22

sled puller
Reaction score
thanks for the useful info guys i think i'am going to put a single curved stack on and give it a shot because the days of blacking the grass is got to come to a end lol it time to blacking the sky lol

crzycowboy

Supporting vendor - www.grpipes.com
Reaction score
You should not have an issue of a soot mess if this truck is a daily driver. If you get a heavy rain fall you will have some issues, but once the water evaporates, you should be good to go. It also depends on other mods, I've noticed the customers with heavy fuel mods, have more issues then someone with a stock truck. I hope this helps.