Shrader valve?

Large Marge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this is brought up alot but I don't have alot of time, so I figured I'd ask.
New starter, gp manual switch and filter was put in yesterday. I plugged block in for hour or so. I did everything right as far as atf in filter, batts charged up and tested all gps. Went out last night held button for 10 secs and fired right up( that starter has alot of power!) Let it run for 20 sec as recommended and let her sit overnight.
Get up plug her in just for kicks and went out to start her up, at least I tried to! I cranked nothing, set a minute cranked nothing, then a third time cranked still no start!! Air intrusion? How do I bleed the air from shrader valve? Any help thanks

1989 F250 7.3idi 95,000!!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
On the filter head there is a valve that looks very much like any tire valve stem. Just press inside of that when the engine is cranking to purge air from the filter. If you have an electric lift pump instead of the manual lift pump this is usually done for you whenever you turn on the ignition switch. At least mine runs that way. Also look at the filter head for the bleeder valve that has a return line connected to it. That line is a check valve and will purge air when any id trapped in the top of the filter. It has a small spring in it and when the fuel pushes on the ball in it the spring is overcome and the valve shuts. Oregon fuel Injection sells both sizes of these required valves. Now you can operate without one of these but purging air from the filter now must only go thru the injection pump. That takes lots of cranking to do it that way. I realize I gave more info that requested but it wont hurt you any.:angel:

Large Marge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I checked the fuel shutoff solenoid and it works then I bled the shrader. Then I warmed the plugs and fired right up! Just got back from short trip to work the ATF through. She ran beautiful!! Feels great to have my truck back thanks for the info. I wanted to get a pic of her today but it's crappy out. As soon as I can I'm going to post a pic.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Glad your up and running again. no better feeling to drive these rigs and have confidence they are running well. Enjoy it.