Shackle Reversal Kit on 1988 F350

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
another way to help "lift" the frt end up and still be safe is to take some old leaf springs and cut them 2 inches longer then the spring pad. then get a new longer centerbolt and install them on the lower part of the spring pack. leafs are usually 1/4 thick, so 4 of them would be an inch. its a cheap small lift, and legal since there "part of the leaf pack" ford did that same thing to the rear of some ford explorers, and thats where i got this idea.

88IDITurbo

88IDITurbo
Reaction score
I got my brackets back from the water jet yesterday. Tack welded the box sections together and fit them up in the frame rail with the shackle hangers, they fit like a glove! =) I will try and get some pictures up in the next couple of days.

Tonight I will fully weld the box sections and get them fit-up and welded in the frame rails, and then it’s onto drilling the 6 holes to mount the shackle hangers and start reassembling things.

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SD lift springs and they give a way better ride than OBS springs

I hear that load of malarkey one more time, and I am going to put a bullet through my head.

I went with a leveling kit from an SD, and that was the worst 3 months of my life. Kidney does NOT taste good FYI.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
I hear that load of malarkey one more time, and I am going to put a bullet through my head.

I went with a leveling kit from an SD, and that was the worst 3 months of my life. Kidney does NOT taste good FYI.

I said SD springs, not a leveling kit or any lift springs, Just stock "V" codes

oreocreaming

Reaction score
That's not a fair statement. A lot of guys here have done excellent write ups with pictures. Just check our tech articles. Some of the project build ups in the regular threads are well documented as well.

then why am i getting **** on for my pictures of under construction? im getting bashed like the truck is done and ready to go.

oreocreaming

Reaction score
That's not a fair statement. A lot of guys here have done excellent write ups with pictures. Just check our tech articles. Some of the project build ups in the regular threads are well documented as well.

then why am i getting **** on for my pictures of under construction? im getting bashed like the truck is done and ready to go.

88IDITurbo

88IDITurbo
Reaction score
so to the orgianl op update

What?

If anyone was wondering what happen to this thread, the truck is on jack stands in my shop waiting on the heims for the hi-steer kit and shocks from FOA. When I ordered my shocks FOA was in the process of re-designing their piggyback reservoir shocks so that has caused a huge delay! :mad:

Not sure what the deal is with the steering kit but damn its taking forever!

Last edited:

88IDITurbo

88IDITurbo
Reaction score
My heims will finally be here tomorrow so hopefully by the end of this weekend I'll have my steering mocked up. The new factory shock mounts I ordered to replace the hacked up ones I took off ended up being an epic fail with the FOA shocks. Because the shock bodies have a 2.5" OD they could fit within the side walls of the OEM shock mount.

Long story short below is a few images of the new shock mounts I designed and am having water jet cut. They bolt in the factory location with the factory offset from the frame rail. They are also self jigging for welding.

You must be registered for see images
You must be registered for see images

88IDITurbo

88IDITurbo
Reaction score
Yea. shackle reversal is done shocks are in. I need to make a new tie rod and build a new panhard bar. The sky mfg drop bracket for the panhard did not work with the added 4" lift springs.

I'll have to dig through my pictures and post an update for those that are interested. Should have all the pics up until now to detail what isnt here.

paulb3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wondering how much would the water jetted frame boxing parts would cost. I have an 89 and I am wanting to do something about the front suspension.

88IDITurbo

88IDITurbo
Reaction score
Fortunately I had a hook up and it didn't cost me anything. Not sure what water jetting would cost off the street.

paulb3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well would it be possible to find out how much it would cost or perhaps get a copy of your cadd files?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online