Shackle Reversal Kit on 1988 F350

oreocreaming

Reaction score
Right now the rear has blocks and track bars, I may be swapping those out as well for a set of 6" springs to hopefully reduce my wheel hop I get off the line.

If anyone has a good source for buying new shock towers and lower shock mounts/ spring plates please let me know.

you can always find any 83-97 f250-f350 from the wrecking yard and unbolt the factory ones.
and let us know what you find out for rear springs. im looking to ditch my blocks as well, i hate having them. i have ladder bars on the rear but still wanna get rid of the block.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Did you buy superduty lift springs or just OBS lift springs. The SD springs would give you a much improved ride

88IDITurbo

88IDITurbo
Reaction score
Did you buy superduty lift springs or just OBS lift springs. The SD springs would give you a much improved ride

If that was directed towards me, the front is getting 4" Superlift springs and if I end up swapping the rear I will be installing 6" Superlift springs. From what I have read the shackle reversal kit in the front will offer a pretty good ride improvement.

oreocreaming

Reaction score
30 from ford? Wow, I didn't think the dealer offered anything for double digit numbers lol. I never make it out for less then 150.

94turboidi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as the shock towers I went to the junkyard once and just unbolted some I think it was 10-20 dollars since I removed them. I don't think I have them around anymore if they are it would be in my dads shed. If I have them I would give them to you for shipping cost but like I said I don't think I have them but will check in a few days.

You would want to use factory mounts and then just get longer shocks. Put a pic of what the previous owner did for a multiple shock bracket it might be a skyjacker kit. I put a triple shock mount kit on from skyjacker and I thought it looked like crap. If its just bolted to the factory brackets you should be able to just remove it and put longer shocks on.

88IDITurbo

88IDITurbo
Reaction score
I can post up a picture but I know for a fact its not the Skyjacker kit as I have looked at those in the past. They basically drilled out the holes on the upper and lower shock mount and slipped a pipe through and then ran all-thread through the pipe with jam nuts on each side holding the shocks on mounting each shock in single shear.

If it was done cleanly I would consider leaving it but its a complete wack-n-hack and I cant stand that. I don't agree with mounting suspension components in single shear either which poses a problem with the current design. Back to factory it is!

oreocreaming

Reaction score
ive got a parts 97 cc 4x4 psd in my back yard. also got someone heading down later this year from portland. if he makes it down here before you get a pair, you can have these and just pick them up from him when he gets back home.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
SD springs are 2" longer, that doesnt give you issues in shackle travel?

the Sd springs are approx 4" longer than OBS springs. But if you mount the RSK forward 4" you can use the stock SD springs or SD lift springs and they give a way better ride than OBS springs

94turboidi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive got a parts 97 cc 4x4 psd in my back yard. also got someone heading down later this year from portland. if he makes it down here before you get a pair, you can have these and just pick them up from him when he gets back home.

Whats the color and condition of the interior of that cc? I would possibly be interested once I rounded up some money

oreocreaming

Reaction score
Whats the color and condition of the interior of that cc? I would possibly be interested once I rounded up some money

blue. Seats don't match though. Front is cloth with vinyl trim and the rear is all cloth. Doors are going on my 90 but the rest is up for grabbs before I strip it and scrap it.

94turboidi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh thats what I had when I started swapping out for tan years ago and can't find anymore of the parts and all of the original blue parts were lost in a tornado in a shed. I was going to have the headliner reupholstered. I'll send a pm about some other parts I am interested in.

94turboidi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh you don't have *** turned on. Well I am thinking with it being a 97 it might have power windows. I would be interested in all the parts to add power windows to my truck. Like all the wiring, the switch at the drivers door panel, rear window switches, rear window motors, tracking, etc. Not sure what all it would take but anything related. That is if you feel like messing with taking all that apart and what you want for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online