SETDR Crawfish Boil & Mudbogg

rebel_horseman

Rt. Wing Extremist
Reaction score
This is a copy of the post on the SETDR forum. Hope to see ya'll there.

It's on boys and girls, the first annual Mudbog and Mudbug event. The dates are May 7-9th (Mothers Day weekend), the place is McHenry, Mississippi about 20 miles north of Gulfport on highway 49.

There will be crawfish galore, both lightly spiced and "Oh my God!, Gimme something to drink!! " for those who do not prefer crawfish we will have other foods available, not real certain on the exact menu yet, as we narrow things down we'll let ya' know.

The proposed schedule of events is;

Friday, May 7th, Arrivals and set up.

Saturday, May 8th, Getting down and dirty at the off-road park, shootin the breeze, swimming in the pool, fishing in the pond, whatever suits your fancy.

Sunday, May 9th, Recovering from Saturday night, or, back to playing in the mud.

The cookin' will start around 3pm Saturday with a Bomb fire to follow at dusk (I promise I will not blow anything up in the fire Joe )

Adult beverages are allowed, nay, encouraged, we will have on hand a quantity of "High Quality Diesel Fuel" for those brave enough to try it, this will be the only drink supplied by the sponsors and only to those of age and stout of heart BYOB is the word of the day gents.

The off-road park takes all comers for a rate of $25 per day, if we know we are going to have a goodly number of people for them I feel we can get a discount on that rate for the whole weekend.

The off-road park is open to trucks, cars, 4-wheelers, motorcycles, if it can make it there they wil let you try it out. those of you with 2wd trucks remember to bring your 4-wheeler if you have one and join in the fun. please see: http://www.redcreekoffroad.com for more info on park rule and regulations.

We need a good feel for how many plan to attend and where you will be staying, i.e. camping, RV'ing, Hotel room or just wherever you happen to fall. How many people you will have with you, how big is your camper, tent, sleeping bag etc... is the info we are looking for so we can plan out where to put everyone.

B

Big K

I ain't no damned liberal, but I ain't had no crawfish, neither, and I think I'm missin' out.:(

Events like this get me wishin' I lived closer to southern part of the US of A. :cool

That sounds like a blast. Enjoy all. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

jgendr

Reaction score
Rebel,

I’m Joe one of the planners for this event. Thanks for getting the word out. Has Billysgoat got ahold of you about the crawfish yet?

Just to add to your Post:

We are planning 2 events this year for the south, and southeastern region. This event in the first to see what kind of response we get from the various groups. The second event is scheduled for October ( Mississippi Mayhem ). This Event will be held in conjunction with Crusin the Coast one of the largest national Hot Rod and truckin Shows. SEE: http://www.cruisinthecoast.com/

To All Interested in Attending:

Red Creek Off Road ( SEE: http://www.redcreekoffroad.com ) was formed by the local Jeep Club after a bunch of us nearly got arrested one weekend trying to find a place to play in the Mud. Did ya’ll know that it is illegal to trespass on a Military Installation? Anyways after that fiasco the group found a generous donor who fronted a large sum of money to purchase a huge piece of land in Southern Mississippi for the purpose of Havin fun Legally! Let’s give a big YEA HAW for their efforts!!!

I have 8 acres about 10 mile from the park that I am making available for this Event. We have a stocked pond, Inground pool, Hot tub, and the property backs up to the National Forest. If anybody is interested in paintball, bring your stuff and we’ll set up a Night Game in the Woods. We’re game for just about anything ( within legal limits) so if you have any other suggestions feel free to post them and we’ll try to accommodate all requests. The property is purty much secluded so we can let it all hang out within reason! If you plan on bringing a Camper we need to know so we can keep space available for you. As said in previous post we really need a head count to plan the amount of crawfish and food needed. Hope to see a great turnout

As Usual we will need some Donations to make the event a Success. We will be opening a Checking account at one of the local Banks just for this purpose, that will require Billy’s AND My signature on the checks (For your protection). The Wife is an accountant so she’ll keep track of what goes where and why incase there are any questions.

Billy has a Paypale account if you prefer that. Contact him at
[email protected]

Checks and Money orders can be sent to

Joseph Gendreau
1298 West McHenry Rd
McHenry, MS 39561

E-Mail:
[email protected]
[email protected]

Phone: (601) 928-9045 after 5 pm central time

rebel_horseman

Rt. Wing Extremist
Reaction score
Joe:

Yeah Billy got up with me about the bugs. I'm going to get with my buddy and see what kinda of deal we can get, if any. I know he gets a sack or 2 for free if he needs them, but even if we have to pay for them, they will definately be less than we would pay otherwise at a market. I'll keep ya'll posted. I'm planning on donating a sack of them myself.

Brian [><]

jgendr

Reaction score
Congratulations,

:cool JPONDER :cool

is the first to make a $100 donation to the Event. Many thanks to John. Everyone thank him for his initiative!!!!

We're on our way to suck someheads and eat some tail's!!!

Joseph Gendreau

jgendr

Reaction score
I need a general reply if any of you are interested in using dave's dyno machine at this event. This way we can give dave a n Idea if it is cost effective to bring out his Dyno machine.

Post a reply if your interested.

Joe

jgendr

Reaction score
Well Bad News:

As for the dyno, David says his better half gave him a really scary look when he mentioned it, seems mothers day weekend was not a good idea so far as Penny was concerned. I told him not to worry about it and to just plan on being here in October. I think we will get enough people for that event to cover the dyno regardless.:eek:

Sorry.

Joe

jgendr

Reaction score
Here's a copy of the E-Mail I sent Billy's goat today:

Billy's Response :

YEEEEEE!!! HAAAAAWWW!!!!!!

>Billy,
>
>Just got a call from Paul at the off road park.
>
>We might have to change our plans slightly. Not the
>time or date or anything. Just listen to this!!!!
>
>The event that we started has now become Red Creeks
>official "First Annual Crawfish Boil Event" "YEEEE
>HAW!!!!"
>
>So what this means to us is that the Bomb Fire and
>Craw fish Boil will be held "ONSITE" at the park. If
>you can deal with that!
>
>"ALSO" The park will get "SPONSORS" to foot the bill
>for:
>
>
> " Get THIS "
>
>
> "1000 lbs of Crawfish"
>
>
>Yes you read this right "1000 lbs"
>

rebel_horseman

Rt. Wing Extremist
Reaction score
Don't just hear them, if they are good rumors make 'em come true. It would be so awesome to have this turn into a major yearly even, or even more often like bi-yearly.

jgendr

Reaction score
Rebel,

John, billy and I are going out to the park on the 20th to meet paul, scope things out and do some planning. We'll update ya'll after that, should have some really good sound Info after next weekend to update with.

Joe

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726