set the timing today

gatorman21218

Reaction score
So after getting all the fuel leaks fixed i finally figured I was getting 10 mpg. So I checked the timing and I was a little advanced. And by little I mean 20*BTDC advanced. :eek::eek::eek:

so I set it at 11* because that was the most i could turn the pump without undoing injector lines.

BTW i am using the ferret adapter.

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would pull a glowplug or two every once in a while just to make sure the advanced timing isn't melting the tips off. 11 degrees is still a little much but it should be fine in my opinion.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Jim and I talked lots about this timing yesterday. His plans are to loosen the injecter lines at the pump in an attempt to loosen up the pump so it will turn easier. the tighten the lines and test it again. Losts of times we find these injection pumps are very difficult to trun when making an adjustment. Sometimes they even bounch back to where they were. I like to leave an easy to reach nut tight or just snug so when I tap the pump for movement it wont just bouch back and forth. Usually loosening the lines you can easily reach at the injection pump head will ease the stress when twisting the pump for timing.