around here,SD's are 700 a pop for nice leather ones 40/20/40

Coots!

Reaction score
My SD seats

You must be registered for see images attach

got them from a buddy for pretty cheap

Coots!

Reaction score
they took lots of spacing and working, but well worth it in the end. my deer hunt is coming up and they will be a nice ride. power driver... we have been slow at the shop, I guess.

Matt_INW

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, what year of... F150 or 250/350? Whats the headroom like? Could you please do a favor for me and measure the space from the seat to the roof? Mine is 33" maybe 33.5". Hoping the the newer seats won't lose some head room.

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
Here's the conversion I did on my extended cab.

Same basic setup like catbird. Be warned, the floor will not be drilled or re-enforced enough to properly mount separate captains or buckets. This is why I had to make a custom frame to tie both seats together. More work, but I was able to get a strong install without having to add new holes in the floor.

04 Ford escape seats.
don't just drill for seat mounts,
that's a great way to crack your floor pan

Heed these warnings, I installed a bucket/console combo in a bench seat truck and spent a day last year welding up all the cracks that were created by it. My buddy just found a crack last week that we missed last year. Here is a link to the build thread with a pic of the floor.

http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?70723-An-old-friend-Build-Thread&p=830869#post830869

Coots!

Reaction score
Those are 99 250 SD lariat seats. I am 6'5" and I still have plenty of head room. I will measure it in a bit and post that up.

Coots!

Reaction score
About 36" from the seat bottom to the headliner. The driver moves up and down, though.

ironworker40

NYC Ironworker
Reaction score
Exactly what I want to do, quick question Ironworker.... :)

How tall are you and can you sit the seats up totally straight without your head hitting the ceiling? Or perhaps a better question is what's the distance from where you sit in the the seat to the ceiling? I'm 6'2" so want to be sure there's plenty of room.

Thanks,
Matt
sorry i didnt get back im in sturgis sd. Im 5 10 and i use the middle of the adjustment. When i mounted i had a 6 2 220 lbs guy sit in it and he was fine. Head room is less than bench but workes well

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
I actually have more head room with my captain's chairs in the Enterprise versus the bench in Bruiser, even after a PO had shimmed the rear of the chairs up with washers. I'll have to post a pic later. I'd like to space them up further since I'm short, but I really want to find a reupholstery kit for them. I've never seen anything like them in another truck or conversion cab (dual armrests).

Coots!

Reaction score
I should add that we spent most of the day adding 14 ga steel to the bottom of my cab, and another day making spacers at the shop. I will post pics when I get a chance.

Matt_INW

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I stopped by a body shop for an estimate on redoing the roof (paint peeling and rust spots but no where else on truck like that. And to get a guesstimate on replacing the seat. Remove paint and primer down to bare metal... redo... $1,000, ugh. As for the seat, they were pretty uncomfortable to give any numbers but in the end estimated $200-$500 to install a SD seat, drilling new holes and customizing brackets as needed.

And for now, I think I'll hold off, though a seat from the wrecking yard is $83 in decent shape, 200ish to reupholster the seat portion of the drivers side. Fixing the roof is a priority now that I know how much rust is starting, darn it all.