Rusty cooling system, need help!!!

HOOKS4

Reaction score
Ok, im a first timer here so bare with me. I have an 05 F-250 6.0.
I took it to my local ford dealer when i noticed it was running hot when under a load.
The dealer replaced the EGR cooler and Oil Cooler and still had the same problem, they changed the head gasket and water pump and still the same problem. they flushed the radiator and still the same problem.
Now, they are telling me that because there is so much rust in the cooling system that it keeps clogging up the oil coolers and causing the truck to overheat.
The solution the dealer is giving me is replace the motor.
Can someone give me an alternative to a new motor?

zpd307

Reaction score
???????, thats the first i have heard of that........ but they are willing to give you a new motor because of it.

motox tech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a kawaski mule (diesel) at work that was doing that, and i couldnt figure it out. Replaced the water pump, radiator, thermostat, and head gaskets. turned out cooling system had air in it. had to lift front off the ground 12 inches and burp the system. still overheated once in a while under load. some other kid had rebuilt it before i worked there so who knows what he did? Killed me on commision though.

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
Can someone give me an alternative to a new motor?

Yes! It's called a citric acid flush. First you get a coolant flush kit. Then you drain the coolant. Then you hook the flush kit to the coolant lines and to a garden hose and let it flush until clear. Then you refill with water and put in a few drops of Dawn dish soap and drive for twenty miles then drain. Refill with water and flush again. At this point the engine has been de-greased. Then you add citric acid to a jar of water and dissolve it then pour it into the radiator and continue to fill with water. Drive twenty miles then flush the citric acid. It is removing the rust! Then flush again until clear then drain then add your 50/50 coolant. Your engine is now clean. For long term piece of mind install a coolant bypass filter. This will continually remove rust from the coolant as you drive.

This technique I learned on a Mercedes forum and did the citric acid flush to my car. The rust I removed was INCREDIBLE!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7