running rough

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
brakeclean will not cause the engine to run rough when spraying it on injector caps, change filter again and fill it with atf, fire the truck up and let it run for about 30 second, kill it and let it sit overnight. My bet is on ip or bad batch of fuel

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I added a posting about the pump internal fuel delivery valve. Its a nice video of what most of our pump internals look like.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is a diesel purge. Theres supposed to be an article but i cant seem to find it.
K I'll post the link but when I say tech 101..

GO TO ADVANCED search...

put Tech 101 in the Key word section, then choose titles and and put in my username in the USERNAME field, you end up with a list quite long..of some stuff I have done..another key word... PICTUTORIAL for even more stuff!:sly

Here is the article I told you about...
http://www.oilburners.net/forums/sh...Diesel-Purge-for-our-IDI-s&highlight=TECH+101

Hope that helps

Al

Last edited:

pedro_8149

7.3L Remote Turbo
Reaction score
Awsome Al. Thanks for the links ill check them out soon when im home. Earlier today i dumped 2L of atf in 15l of fuel. And tomorrow ill try a new filter and atf and let it sit all night. Ill keep you all posted with my learning tomorrow.

pedro_8149

7.3L Remote Turbo
Reaction score
hey guys, havent been able to do any further investigation with my truck. Gavin sent me his old DB2 i picked it up, but thats as far as ive got it. i have been sick all weekend stayed home today. it is so cold out now and windy like a ****. so im starting to feel a bit better tonight so after work tomorrow im going to change the pump and see if everything im having problems with right now clears up. my idle has stableized slightly but still smoke a fair bit on first start up. it sat a full 30 hrs over the weekend and i fired it up last night in about -12 with no block heater just one gp cycle and it lite up right away, smoked for 20 seconds or so and cleared up

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The problem with going through all the hassle to change just a delivery valve, is that by the time that part wears out, there are several others that are probably shot too. Unless you love spending your spare time swapping out pumps, your really better off just getting a rebuilt one put in there.