running boards for free

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah the mirrors sucked till i added those little spotters. Still not great but much better then before. I would actually like to put on thos mirrors that connect to the top off the door and are a big rectangle. I think there called western tow mirrors or something.

WEST COAST MIRRORS :thumbsup:

You can find genuine stainless ones that are a direct fit on F-650s and F-700s.

I have a set hanging in the shop that may end up on my truck.

Currently, I have the same ones as in your picture and, since I relocated them, I have no complaints in their performance.

I keep mine swung out to the trailer-towing position.

The West Coast mirrors do provide many options for mounting antennae, spot-mirrors, lights, drink-holders, and such.

Plus, heated and power-pivot mirror-heads can be found in just about any decent truck-stop. ;Sweet

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
You may be unhappy when you remove the running boards. I am a tall guy (6'4"), and also a fairly large fella (~375lbs). Trav had a set on E-1, and E-2 does not have running boards. Even at my height, on a stock height 2wd dually, I find it hard to get into the truck, kinda hike a leg up inside, and hop up on the edge of the seat and slide in. E-1 with the running boards was much easier to get into. I also agree with Midnight, make them strong enough to support the weight and they are great. My truck (03 Excursion) has the factory running boards on it, and I can stand on them without any problems. The ones on E-1 were strong enough that Trav and I both could stand on the running board. I would not want a truck without running boards. If I did not have the running boards on the Ex, the wife and kids would not be able to get into it.

MidnightBlade

Shiftin' Smooth
Reaction score
Just cut a set for my truck, fabbed up some brackets from 1/4"x2" angle and put 1 about 1/3 the way back and the other about a foot from the back (only a SCLB). My dad and I can both stand on one side, Dad is around 200ish and I'm about 140-150 ish, and they dont move hardly at all

haligen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought about stiffening them up but I'm not much for diamond plate and bling. Might replace them with some oval or box tube down the road.

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
I thought about stiffening them up but I'm not much for diamond plate and bling. Might replace them with some oval or box tube down the road.

i had the oval on mine but the salt air took them out. I might just have to come down and take those off you hands?

haligen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Come on down if you want them. If not 88beast is looking to pull em at the rally.

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
well if he was on them first that let him have them. Just let me know I haven't been down there for a few years.... (Socastee grad for 86':eek:)

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you want um go get um lol i know where tons of them are to get dirt cheap and theyll be sitting a while till i get cold air on the turbo setup that hasnt gone on yet lol

haligen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I'm off 2 out of every 3 days so pm me if you want to make a trip for em.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those do look pretty good. I wonder if there mounting system is better then my current ones. I'm a stout guy (270ish) and when I stand on the current ones they bend down a good bit. Enough so that I just dont stand on them anymore.

The running boards I refered to are J&J. Googled them and this is what I got.
Check em out if interested. Mounting system seems pretty good looking at mine.
http://www.streetperformance.com/part/j-and-j-enterprises-inc/running-board/577125-80037wb.html

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online

No members online now.