Rubberfish Injectors and delivery valves

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Well we installed the injectors today and started on the delivery valves but put my delivery valves back in because I already have the biggies... Same thing so there was no point in installing the ones Bob so graciously sent me...

Report after installing the injectors.... LOWER PERFORMANCE - LESS SMOKE and a touch LESS POWER... So I'll be yanking them out and reinstalling the ones that were there.

I did not look at the codes stamped on the side of the ones that Bob sent before installing them but my butt-o-meter tells me that they aren't has hot.

So Bob give me a couple of weeks so that we can get them yanked back out and I'll be strapping them to the old 3 legged blind drunk postal mule...

So that must mean that the guy I purchased it from either didn't want to mention that it was turned up as high as it is or forgot to mention that the DV's and squirters weren't stock...

I'll be installing the fuel plate when I yank the squirters don't know maybe it will have the same fuel plate as Bob sent but I was told that it had a #10 plate... I haven't had it out so I don't that for sure...

But I must say thanks to Bob "Rubberfish" for being such a great BOOB by allowing me to try the parts before I purchased. You don't get that level of service from anyone so Hat's off to ya buddy...

rubberfish

Reaction score
Well that's good news and bad news.
And weird as well. Wonder what you have
for injectors than? Quite a bit more than stock.
If the hogged out 215's felt slower. Wow dude,
you been holding out on us? And sandy bagging? :D

I'm glad you didn't buy injectors off of ebay only
to find out that you had some already. :mad:
That would suck. You're going to have to put
that thing on a dyno and tell us what happens. ;burnout ;Really

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
Argve said:
But I must say thanks to Bob "Rubberfish" for being such a great BOOB by allowing me to try the parts before I purchased. You don't get that level of service from anyone so Hat's off to ya buddy...

:hail Now thats a testament to the power of Oilburners :hail :hail
....:cheers: Bob ;Sweet

Wonder if Travis's ride might have come with the big marine injectors :eek: :D

mmmmnnnnnnnnnn...Travis------dyno------ lemme see....lounge chair....full cooler.....camera.......full face shield.....LOL ;p ----:angel: :D

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Man I think I'm gonna have to pay the money and become a member of TDR again and pm the last owner if he is even still a member there and ask him. Because as we all know now they can't be stock - which was my impression. Trust me I feel like I got a pretty good deal looking back now. Humm that could explain why she will slip the tires are 40mph

Sand bagging - oh no not me... I know she's quick but in my opinion she's not that quick...

Maybe I should make an exhaust system my next goal - I wonder what that would do to my egt's because I was told that it was a stock exhaust minus the muffler and cat - I know the downpipe has to be stock because of the pac brake and it's size... I still have the resonator because I have seen it and touched it.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
argve said:
Maybe I should make an exhaust system my next goal

NOOOOOO! That goat motor will implode from your driving finess.:rotflmao

Ya know kinda like a..... well better not say.:D

Cowboy_Customs

Rhinestone Cowboy
Reaction score
lol

Travis if ya dont really need the pac brake (handy as it is)
or well maybe it stays put i dunno, but go to NAPA n get yer 4" DP. it was 85 bucks for my buds. I think its magnaflow? Either way, its an easy install, that mounted right to the elbow comming out of the turbo. If you lookin for injectors, get ya some Peirs or new era sticks. I hear lotsa guys like those. My (hoping n praying) replacement for the 93 has Peirs 375 sticks. (claimed 100 HP)

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Ok I got the "stock injectors" back in her and Bob's are sitting on the bench waiting on the postal mule...

But one thing I noticed today (today being the first day to drive her since swapping them back out) is that I got my... what I call a hot idle shake, it's like she skipping a beat when sitting at the stop light with a slight bit of haze out the tail pipe - not bad mine you on either one but if you look closely you can see the haze and hear the uneven idle... I don't know maybe those squirters are bad because I never really noticed it much before but knew it was there but Bob's didn't give me that - they produced a smooth idle and I didn't notice any smoke at idle....

Hummm.... Honey I think my injectors are bad and will need to see about getting some new ones

Sherri - HELL NO!

but honey you don't want the truck to break down do ya - I mean it would be a long walk for you... err I mean me to get to the nearest tow truck...

Sherri - *can't post what we was yelling*

rubberfish

Reaction score
what I call a hot idle shake, it's like she skipping a beat when sitting at the stop light with a slight bit of haze out the tail pipe - not bad mine you on either one but if you look closely you can see the haze and hear the uneven idle...
Those are possibly symptoms of bigger injectors.
My 370's idle rough and haze quite a bit.
So you may very well have some kind of
after market squirter's in there already. :)
And for sure if your seat of the pants meter
tells you that it pulls harder now.