Rodney Red Review!

pt_Ranger_v8

Reaction score
Got my RR radiator on Thursday AM. Started the swap that afternoon, and finished up last night. I had to do a LOT of fab work, due to the gasser core support/radiator I was using. It's solid now though :sly

I took it for a test drive up my 'test freeway', which is a ~ 8 mile section of freeway that's a steady incline. In ~86 degree weather, the temp gauge never got above 'o', instead of the 'l' that I saw before the swap.

Yes, I need real gauges. :rolleyes:

But, I have to say, the hype is worth it. This radiator is FAWKING AWESOME!!!!

Even better, I got the radiator a day before it was promised, even though I wasn't promised that. I haven't been in touch with ?dan? since I got it, but I need to call him and thank him for the speed it was made. :love:

In summary, yes, it's expensive, but it's worth it. With the correct fan (I'm using one taurus fan), I sincerely doubt you'll EVER get temp above 220, unless you run low on coolant.:D

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What are they going for these days?

Currently, I don't have any cooling problems and have a fairly new radiator (bought a new "standard" radiator in 2005 after dropping my water pump on the OEM radiator -cuss ), but with the planned intercooler install, the upgraded cooling abilities may be worth pulling the trigger (since I'll have a full-size 6.0l IC and likely a larger-than-stock a/c condenser in front of the radiator)...and no better time to do it than when I have the front end apart :D