Request: Someone in Central FL to time my IP

jam sandwich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this belongs in the FS section or not, if it does please move to that section.

I am looking for someone in the central florida area (Orlando) who could time my IP for me. I've tried to find various shops in the area which could do it, some say they can't because they have no idea, others are saying 100$+ to do it. :eek:

If anybody is within the Central Florida area that is willing to meet up and time my 89 7.3 N/A IDI for me, I would greatly appreciate it. I would be willing to pay you for your troubles with Beer and/or Money as legal tender :D

77f250diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd be glad to help you out but I'm on the other side of the state from you,
Abt. 2 hr. drive.
Oh, There would be no charge for the timing.

Dennis

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dennis timed my IP awhile back, Ive also had dieselJD do it but he is in Gainsville.

If you are willing to travel one of them can help you out.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would be willing to meet halfway or something or do it if for some reason I was in the area, but my timing meter is acting kind of funny and I need to figure out what if anything I am screwing up before I offer my services again. I'm going to check my truck in the next few days which I know is close, and give you guys an update.

jam sandwich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd be willing to meet up half way with either of you guys (Dennis or JD)
This would be after the thanksgiving weekend.. Depending on who is closer and available, I can meet up halfway.
Thanks guys.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Sam, Guss(biofarmer) is thinking about trying to get a mini meet set up sometime in the near future. If anything it could be done then. You could always bring your truck over and play with the timing to get it to where your milage is up.

Longesst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
me and a couple of guys at the fire dept have had good results with john over at accurate diesel in downtown orlando. can't remember off hand wich meter he uses but he is a ford guy and knows idi's. given the opportunity i would trust these guys on the site above all others, but john has been a good choice for us locally.

jam sandwich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reference Longesst, Maybe I can shoot him a call and see what he'll charge for timing my idi.

jam sandwich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bump it up

BIG thanks to Diesel JD for meeting up with me in Gainesville and giving me a hand re-timing my IP, real helpful and willing to help a guy out on short notice.
HUGE difference in power and most importantly, MPG.
My pump was about 5 degrees off :eek:
Thanks again!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance