Remaned Ford E40d Transmission by Ford? Happy?

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Thanks - I just learned from a guy at Ford that my trans would be coming from a Ford authorized builder and that the dealership should be able to put me in touch with the actual company so that I can find out for sure what they will be giving me - I would like to upgrade the TC at the same time

Chances are you could get the exact same thing at any local tranny shop that offers a nationwide warranty for a bunch less ( and chances are thy would be the ones doing the build for the one you would be picking up at the dealer anyway) THis is not an uncommon practice, and by the sound of it, thats what they are doing . All of the diesels in the central part of our state that get supposedly factory rebuilt units all come from a single machine shop in the area, regardless of make ( granted , its a great machine shop and they probably do a better job than most any production shop, but still, it does stink of a bit of misrepresentation )

warmblood58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, I am fine with a Ford authorized shop as long as it includes the upgrades and hard to beat unlimited three year mileage - the major chains suck, have yet to read anything good and Ford is everywhere so I think I will go this route - 1,900.00 plus a required cooler at 120.00 is fine with me as long as it is a real rebuild -thanks!

7.3 powerstrok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ford remanafactured e4od trans for 1995 is not rebuilt with any up-grades in fact it will even have the old style servo ,i have disassembled a ford reman e4od and found a few issues ,you may get one from the ford dealer with the old style pump ,warranty sounds good ,however ..call a dealer and ask them how long they will have the van in the lot ,for the replacement ,may want to check out jasper transmissions ,they have a 100,000 mile warrenty and they do use heavy duty clutches kevlar band ,upgrade servo ,steel thrust washers ,h-d torque converters and also test the trans on a machine

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
yeah, I am fine with a Ford authorized shop as long as it includes the upgrades and hard to beat unlimited three year mileage - the major chains suck, have yet to read anything good and Ford is everywhere so I think I will go this route - 1,900.00 plus a required cooler at 120.00 is fine with me as long as it is a real rebuild -thanks!

It will be rebuilt with new frictions, steels and seals per Ford kit. A Ford kit will include any update that is obsolete. Rebuilt "E" pump from Ford and Ford Spec single disk converter. It will retain the Four pin planets and original friction count.

If you go the chain route. New (poor quality) seals, and frictions. Recycled steels. Reconditioned pump and converter.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance