Rear shackle kit?

1994 Turbo

Reaction score
How many of you guys did the RSK on your truck? I put new softer springs on mine and now have wicked rake and need to get a little front height back. I know PMF makes one but does anyone else? Did it effect the ride much? I'm just trying to decide if it is worthwhile for me in the longrun.

dunk

Dunce
Reaction score
Confused if you're asking abut a reverse shackle on the front or doing a shackle flip or replacement/different shackles on rear. If rear shackle flip I recommend Sky Manufacturing mounts and boxing your shackles since they'll be in compression. Mine rides nice enough and gave 3"-4" lift.

Haven't done a reverse shackle up front but I'd like to eventually. From what I've read it's more stable so far as death wobble, rides smoother particularly with nlonger Super Duty springs. Need positive arch springs, if your springs are about flat or negative arch a rear shackle will push teh axle forward under compression giving a rougher ride with all else being equal.

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
If you're talking about the rear, I believe you'll lose some hauling capacity, but it's great for flex. If you want to retain the shackle/hanger pointing up, you could always use factory F150, F250, or F350 4x4 rear blocks to lift the rear of the truck back to level. Especially if your truck is 2wd (sig doesn't specify 4x2 or 4x4.

I think half ton factory blocks are 1.5-2" F250 are like 2.5" and F350 are 3-3.5"

Google search should turn up the proper measurements. I know it's been discussed on FullsizeBronco and Pirate4x4.

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
So you did a shackle reversal on the front and now it sits lower in the front? Never heard of that happening. Every one that I've seen ends up setting the front of the truck higher. Zero rates would be an option.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So you did a shackle reversal on the front and now it sits lower in the front? Never heard of that happening. Every one that I've seen ends up setting the front of the truck higher. Zero rates would be an option.

i think thats what he's looking for.
i dont think he's done the reverse shackle yet, but needs to to level out the truck.
i actually only raised the front of my truck a 1/2" IF that

to the OP
we would give you better advice if your posts were clearer.

1994 Turbo

Reaction score
I smashed my truck a few months back, fixed truck and went to a 3/4 ton spring to get softer ride and lost too much nose height, sits like a 2wd now. I was wondering if an RSK would fix my issues and what the best rsk is.

1994 Turbo

Reaction score
I smashed my truck a few months back, fixed truck and went to a 3/4 ton spring to get softer ride and lost too much nose height, sits like a 2wd now. I was wondering if an RSK would fix my issues and what the best rsk is.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Actually the 3/4-ton front springs should be stiffer than the 1-ton stuff, this is cause of the leverage of the TTB. Most people who roll a D60 under a F250 while still running the 3/4-ton leaves find the ride to be pretty horrible. They are also negative-arch springs, meaning flat when unloaded and like a frowny face with thruck's weight is on them.

PMF and Sky (SORD) are your primary RSK sources.

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
Yes, the TTB springs have a higher spring rate, stiffer as that's what the TTB axles need to function properly. I would also recommend Sky Manufacturing. Their front shackle reversal kits come in a few different lift sizes too. I have the 3" one here in my garage. One day I'll get the time to put it and the D60 in one of thses trucks. But it is BEEFY.

burt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are trying to get a nice ride you don't want ttb springs. Doing an rsk with 99-03 superduty springs will be very rewarding and easily give you the height you are after. If you do a kit you might end up raked the other way tho. I have experience with the sky kit and like the product and company. Pmf has a kit that claims less lift but I've never tried that one. It's supposed to be good tho. For sure worth the effort. V code springs will be very plush x code springs will be plush but firm and lift it a little more. If you don't want to get new springs it will still be a big improvement putting the shackle in back with your stock f350 springs (not the f250 springs) and it will lift it. I have one truck rsk stock springs and one with superduty springs both sky brackets and shackles. both are good but the sd setup is noticeably better and it's as good as it gets on these rigs without getting drastic

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
anything TTB IMO is only good for 1 thing.... scrap metal

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
morerunner

Members online