Radiator

Compu Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks like i will need to replace mine as it was leaking last night. I'm not sure where but it was dripping all across the bottom tank and where the tubes and fins meet the lower tank had a lot of coolant laying there. I checked it this morning and it is empty. So where is the best place to get one and should I go with plastic tanks and aluminum or stick with copper and brass. If from an online site, do they have an application selection guide like when you can select model make and year and do they also have exact online pricing?

Reaction score
A lot of us (myself included) are running aluminum radiators from Champion. If you search this forum for that brand name, you'll find lots of good info.

Mike

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I searched and researched a whole lot and I basically had to go with Champion rad from ebay, mine cost me $239.00 shipped...and it's a very nice fit. Good quality and well packed IMHO.

Just saying.....

Al

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why don't you take it to a radiator shop and see if they can repair it?

Wyreth

Certifiable Noob
Reaction score
Once you get a good aluminum radiator, you're not going to look back. The champion seems to be treating alot of people really good, and the price is more than fair. However for pretty close to what a brass/copper four row will run you, you could also get a Rodney Red. Which, from what I read around here, is about the best you can get for these trucks.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The Rodney Red aluminum radiaters are by far the top of the line but expensive too. Will it last longer than the Champion... Whos to say. The Redney I have has two rows but the tubes are 1 1/4 wide and it has 16 fins per inch of tube for the best cooling effect. When I check under the hood before I drive off in the mornings the top rad tank is all sweaty. So I guess its cooling the coolant even when its not circulating... Deal isn't it.. Works with not working...:sly

riphip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In southeast, we have 1-800-radiator that will bring it to your house within 24 hours.