Radiator Killer!

FordMan1014

Reaction score
Ok, last week i just bought a 92 F250 7.3, ZF5, 4x4. Monday night i was pulling to a buddys driveway and for god know what reason my fan decided to go through my radiator! So today i bought a brand new $350 rad and got it installed drove it for about 30 miles and it was all good... Then on my way home about 2 miles from my house it did it again! My only thought was engine mounts but im not sure??? Has anyone had this problem??? Truck is a daily driver and i need it back asap!-cuss

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
Do you mean that the fan came loose and hit the radiator or that something flexed enough to let it make contact?

FordMan1014

Reaction score
Do you mean that the fan came loose and hit the radiator or that something flexed enough to let it make contact?

The fan is still securely attached to the motor but at some point the engine must have moved putting the fan into the rad tearing them both up...

Full Monte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did the fan hit the radiator deeper at the top or the bottom? Did you check the transmission mount?

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen adriveshaft with a stuck slip yoke push a engine forward enough to hit the radiator.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Could also be rusted out core support mounts, instead of the motor moving, the body is. Time to investigate all the mounts!