RABS Hydraulic Control Valve

87-F-250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like my RABS Hydraulic Control Valve started leaking (located after the master cylinder on the driver side frame rail held on by three bolts).

Can you rebuild these?

Should I just by pass it and forget about the RABS (rear anti-lock brake system)?

Where can you buy these and how much are they?

res0wc18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dealer only item and you better sit down... 287 bucks!

Mine is acting up as well, I'm going to have to fork out the dough unfortunately because it gets unsafe when they start acting up

91f2504x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dealer only item and you better sit down... 287 bucks!

Mine is acting up as well, I'm going to have to fork out the dough unfortunately because it gets unsafe when they start acting up

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/catalog/parts/partsShelf.jsp?displayName=ABS+Hydraulic+Unit&currentPage=1&categoryDisplayName=Brakes+%26+Traction+Control&navValue=14401578&itemId=prod61484&parentId=cat30058

That should work, if not just go to autozone.com and lookup your vehicle, you can get them for much cheaper than the dealer.

res0wc18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
crazy, i need to check with napa again then. They couldn't get it and i refuse to use auto zone, good to know its out there though

91f2504x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rockauto.com has them too for $145 after a $50 core charge, if you are able to wait a few days on the part.

87-F-250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How about just adding an adapter and connect the two brake lines by bypassing the controller? It's cheaper but I wonder if it will affect the proportion between front and back?

91f2504x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have heard of people bypassing it, but you never know what could happen if there was ever an accident and someone found it. I am not saying that cops look for stuff like that around here, but you never know what you could be held liable for if it is found. I mean there are all kinds of liabilties when you mess with the emissions of a motor, if you are caught, but I would think if it could cause immediant danger, like is possible with a brake system, then your insurance could possibly even back out on you in the case of an accident.