Qucik question

Worstenemy453

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesnt belong here but this is the most visited section so ill report it once my question is answered.

1989 F150. Im eliminating the A/C system. Do i need to leave the A/C condensor to retain my heating system or can it go too ?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
When you say ac condenser are you talking about the condenser in front of the radiator or the evaporater in the cab uner the dash... You can remove both and still have a heater and proper working cooling system..

Worstenemy453

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+1, You can remove the condenser.

By why? A/C is awesome. cookoo

I dont feel like replacing every piece of the system. It need a new compressor and all the lines because something inside the compressor went boom and sent shrapnal through the system. And its still r-12 or 22 or whatever it was so it would need to be retrofitted.

Too much hassle compared to the $26 A/C delete pulley i have in the garage.

When i remove the condensor in front of the RAD, should i just plug up the lines and all going into the cab ? Im leaving the stuff behind the dash because i just dont feel like pulling the dash apart.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Wouldnt really worry about nothing getting into the lines if you dont plan on ever making it work again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online