PSD in a van = PITA!!!

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
We finally got around to pulling the 7.3 from my old 97 E350 this morning....What a PITA.....I had already spent 4hrs prepping it for removal....And when it came time to yank it out I spent 2 more hrs taking more crap off.....-cuss ....Sitting pretty in my garage now but I would loose my marbles if I had to work on vans for a living.cookoo ....The van looked like it got hit buy a semi when we were done...:rotflmao ...I brought home an engine bag from a cummins 5.9 recon swap I did at work a while back, fit over the 7.3 like a glove.;Sweet

You must be registered for see images

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
next time use a sawzall!! they work great for getting diesels out of vans.i pulled an idi out of van last year.i just cut everything around the motor out with a sawzall.worked great,motor popped right out.:D

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
first van engine I pulled was an ambulance, got it out no problem.
last one was the 2nd time in the box van,. we just ripped the cab off.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
This was a regular 1-ton van, not a cube.....Pure poison it was....LOL....I took the cab off my 87 cube with my buddy's skid steer with a piece of chain around the doghouse.....Came off pretty easy as it was ROTTEN.....Wish I had that 6.9 (221KM) back now for a spare, ended up getting my IDI about a month later....duoh!