Product Engineering Pump

Kyle Graham

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I run the stock lift pump and a Carter 4601hp mounted on the frame and have had a good 80k miles on the clock with this setup. The most economical way to fix the lp problem is to remove stock lift pump and place it on the frame near the tank I am currently working on a kit that includes wire harness, Frame mount, fittings to replace all banjo's and 3/8 fuel tubing and clamps for complete install here is a pic of the fittings pm me if anyone is interested in one of these kits they will be very affordable as well.

Attachments

• 30428942722_235[1].jpg
    30428942722_235[1].jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 5

Whit

Reaction score
Thanks fer bringin this one back up Kyle, I have a update to my system and how it has done since I moved the OEM l/p from the motor to the frame rail back by the tank, I got 42k outa the last oem pump, its my third l/p and the last one, I bought a Fass II and will be mounting it on the frame rail to be feed by my 60 gallon in-bed tank, the OEM tank is being used as storage and transfer.

Cheers, Kevin

Hohn

Reaction score
The OEM lift pump is still on my truck. I just opened up the fittings (Scotty's Smart Fuel kit) with all -8AN and I'm happy with it.

I don't like pusher pumps because 1) the violate the KISS principle, and 2) they tend to make too much fuel pressure (20psi+) imho. The VP bypass opens at 14psi. That tells me Bosch thinks anything more is excessive.

My dream setup would provide a bottomless supply of clean fuel at 10psi at all times.

I like the Fass/AirDog units, but I think they are a little pricey. The air removal feature is, imho, the biggest reason to consider one. If you just want a better pump, there are cheaper options that will perform just fine.

That, and I find the glaring omission of an electric fuel heater to make the system impossible for me. HELLO? HOW CAN YOU HEAT FUEL WITH COLD ENGINE COOLANT?? AND ONCE THE ENGINE IS WARM, DO YOU NEED A FUEL HEATER? Sorry, I think coolant fuel heaters are an exercise in stupidity.

JMOO

jlh

Hohn

Reaction score
I forgot to mention:

The PE pumps were once thought to be the end of the LP saga. When they started failing, people weren't so happy. PE revoked the warranty for diesel use! Thus, the PE pumps are not the long-term solution we once thought they were.

The only pumps I know of that have survived long-term on these trucks (aside from Fass/airdog) are the Aeromotive pumps. But by the time you paid for a full aeromotive setup, you could have bought a FASS!

jlh

Whit

Reaction score
I am more impressed with my Fass II every day and think its one of my best mods........definatly fixed the weak link :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online