Powerstroke 7.3l Code 1247?

ameristar1

The One Blue Thing
Reaction score
Clogged air filter, all connections to and from the turbo ok including the intake manifold boots, any exhaust leaks?

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
Almost all of the way back by the rear axle I have a small exhaust leak visible only by a small smear of soot - doubt thats the cause. Has a new fairly 6337 Lubrefiner filter.

I'll know this weekend if it's transient.

lwillson

Reaction score
I was just reading the service notes, and it says that 1247 and 1248 could mean turbo boost is low, or not detected. Check all the hose connections to your MAP sensor, and maybe all the electrical connections as well.

Do you have an aftermarket boost guage installed as well? If it is reading correctly, and the code is still there, I would suspect the MAP sensor

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
Yep I see boost and hear the whine as well. Where is the map sensor - is it the device towards the firewall on the passenger side to the left (facing radiator) of the valve covers just behind the IC tubing? Has a vacuum line running to it?

lwillson

Reaction score
I'm betting in the $80-$100 from the dealership, but I would try a wrecker first.

Maybe take the hoses off and make sure they are not restricted. Or that there is nothing in the sensor itself. The sensors seem to be pretty solid, so you should probably be able to poke inside of it

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
pulled codes again after a week today - nothing...so it was transient wonder if it had something to do with my fuel filter needing a change on the side of the road...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stubburnjd1

Members online