Power steering Hose Leaking Not Pump How do i repair this ?

Idiforlife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tracked down my the Massive PS leak . Thank God its only the hose i was thinking much worst. Ok now How do i repair this Cut just the ruined part and add a barb connecter then add a new hose to that ? Remove all of the old rubber hose replace with another hose ? if so how do i remove that clamp on the the hose see pic > All suggestion welcomed.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:
Reaction score
I cannot tell if that's the pressure or the return hose based on your pic. Either way, my recommendation would be to replace the whole hose. If that's the return line, you can use bulk hose.

Mike

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cut the rubber hose clamp off at steel line, buy new rubber line replace the cut one and clamp in place with new clamps at cooler end and at ps reservior end.

DONE

C_Luft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replace the entire black hose with oil rated/transmission fluid line and just cut off the crimp clamp and replace with a flat head hose clamps, it's a fairly simple job to do.

Idiforlife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cut the rubber hose clamp off at steel line, buy new rubber line replace the cut one and clamp in place with new clamps at cooler end and at ps reservior end.

DONE
So there"s no special Clamp(s) for this hose? Is it High Pressure ? is it high pressure Hose ?

Idiforlife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replace the entire black hose with oil rated/transmission fluid line and just cut off the crimp clamp and replace with a flat head hose clamps, it's a fairly simple job to do.
Thanks did'nt know if it was under alot of pressure.

C_Luft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Idk if there is any high pressure in the power steering but I have replaced all of my power steering lines and clamps and have had no issues.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
RETURN line is NOT super hi pressure, however there are better clamps to utilize than worm gear ones.

Ifn you go to TECH articles and look at my fuel pump installation that's there you'll see a much better quality hose clamp that requires nothing more than a screwdriver to install. These are the cat's meow for the situation we are dealing with here now.

JM2CW

Idiforlife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys got the new Hose installed with new fuel injector Clamps . Seem to be all dry for now . I did notice when i turn to the right and left there is a screeching noise?

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jack up front end off ground wheels up and block up under frame...make it so you can turn L - R full lock safely with no weight on truck and do that a few times this will hopefully bleed out any air.

JM2CW